What's new

A New SOW on PAF Mirage ?

Sir, we only have the mirage as a payload delivery/ground attack aircraft. It's definitely here to stay.
Mirages should be kept but can't jf17 be employed aswell for these tasks. It's not mirages only

The pictures windy posted are that of an aircraft from 27 squadron which means that REK is being standardised on all mirages as a stand off munition.
Already implemented in some squadrons, even before 27th Feb happened.

Guys watching a video, i noticed a weapon being loaded on the PAF Mirages. No doubt the rear assembly points out it to be a SOW but it doesn't has the same features as that of REK SOW mounted on JF-17s and it's certainly no Raptor weapon often associated with the Mirages.
@Oscar @Hodor @Adam_Khan @Knuckles

View attachment 589437 View attachment 589438

View attachment 589440
I have a few pictures of ReK deployed on Mirage but cant post here other than this one.
IMG-20190312-WA0012_20191116140328079.jpg

Already implemented in some squadrons, even before 27th Feb happened.

I have a few pictures of ReK deployed on Mirage but cant post here.
View attachment 589517

Are there two different REK designs as this one looks like a Chinese derivative and looks different.

REk kit is fire and forget with IMU and gps/glonass guidance, no tv camera nor manual joy stick guidance like h2/h4 with stand off range 60-100km vs h2/h4 60/120 km buy manual guidance for tv , there may be fire and forget version of h2/h4 but not sure

Why glonass and not beidou?

Are there two different REK designs as this one looks like a Chinese derivative and looks different.

I am not aware of any other version.

seems like chinese FT series ft4?
Look at the Chinese ones, the bolt on wings head has a semi-circular design whereas GIDS REK has a more squarish / rectangular head.

@Windjammer IT is a laser guided PGM, with SOW range, whose range can exceed 100km IF a booster is added. (I'm saying this based on what I know of PGM's and not this particular one in question)

Last edited:
why replacement is not possible for PAF even if it gets decent budget:

very simple, training methodology and war experience with this aircraft is of paramount importnace for PAF

why replacement is not possible for PAF even if it gets decent budget:

very simple, training methodology and war experience with this aircraft is of paramount importnace for PAF

Sir, would you like to elaborate, as to the basis of your hypothesis.

Thank You!

After it's wing getting strengthened, apart from the F-16, JF-17 is the only aircraft in PAF capable of carrying a MK-84 under each wing.

whatsapp-image-2019-11-06-at-9.18.36-pm-1573061372.jpg
To carry a PGM SOW all that is needed is the ability to carry the Mk80 series, and the JF-17 being Mk84 (907kg /2,000lbs) capable is very good news MA.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom