What's new

10 US companies control your life

XTREME

Reaction score
noorani20120427202816937.jpg

It may be obvious that Corn Flakes and Frosted Flakes are both made by Kellogg's, but did you know that Hot Pockets and L'Oreal share a parent company in Nestlé?

A ginormous number of brands are controlled by just 10 multinationals, according to this amazing infographic from French blog Convergence Alimentaire. Now we can see just how many products are owned by Kraft, Coca-Cola, General Mills, Kellogg's, Mars, Unilever, Johnson & Johnson, P&G and Nestlé.

It's not just the consumer goods industry that's become so consolidated. Ninety percent of the media is now controlled by just six companies, down from 50 in 1983, according to a Frugal Dad infographic from last year. Likewise, 37 banks merged to become JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America, Wells Fargo and CitiGroup in a little over two decades, as seen in a 2010 graphic from Mother Jones. Huffington Post

See what the 10 companies own in the infographic below:

original.jpg

Only lays 'control my life' otherwise no one else have any contribution in it.

"Control life" term over here doesn't mean that they have a remote control to operate you. But the products we need are mostly produced by them. Thank you!

P&G for head and shoulders....
I spend a mind boggling 480/- INR a year on it...!!! :D :lol:

Rest play no part in my life what so ever.. :bunny:
AFA controlling my life goes?? Take a hike together; you ten US companies..!! :cheesy: :flame:

controls life? nah....
even if these products are not there, i can survive on natural products for my consumptions.

My gf controls my life , no-one else . It a sad fact but 100 true !

One can say Marlboro and Johnny Walker partially control my life - but they are not in the 10 list so no worries :D

Back
Top Bottom