What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

Actually this is special force, they wear uniform during parade and in peace time only, during war, they only wear underwear and use Mud for camouflage

View attachment 688455
those are regular units in the photos which i post, maybe you need a bit refresh on what a morden day special force looked like.

those are regular units in the photos which i post, maybe you need a bit refresh on what a morden day special force looked like.
Im talking abt VN special force uniform, bro. They only wear underwear and camouflage by Mud during the war.

Im talking abt VN special force uniform, bro. They only wear underwear and camouflage by Mud during the war.
defintely not anymore, you need communication equips,battery, plate carrier amd many more...

defintely not anymore, you need communication equips,battery, plate carrier amd many more...
No, our special force is just like lonely wolf, they dont make any communication during the fight.Just simply make a plan and follow the plan to destroy the targets, thats all.

U think why VN special force can attack a heavy guarded US airbase in Thailand and damage even B-52 bombers if they r not better than US navy SEAL during VN war ??

The Vietnamese shipyard Sông Thu seems to be updating a Petya class frigate / project 159AE, the entire command superstructure is replaced with a modern design, do you have any other news on how it will look at the end of the works?
I remember that some years ago some drawings of a possible modernization were published, maybe one of those projects is being implemented?

ACg6RrM.jpg

a few years ago some drawings circulated,
aHHCd4Y.jpg

who knows if finished the work it will have a configuration of the armament similar to this one, but today the superstructure is already different from that drawing

5mwt9Q0.jpg

Last edited:
The Vietnamese shipyard Sông Thu seems to be updating a Petya class frigate / project 159AE, the entire command superstructure is replaced with a modern design, do you have any other news on how it will look at the end of the works?
I remember that some years ago some drawings of a possible modernization were published, maybe one of those projects is being implemented?

ACg6RrM.jpg

a few years ago some drawings circulated,
aHHCd4Y.jpg

who knows if finished the work it will have a configuration of the armament similar to this one, but today the superstructure is already different from that drawing

5mwt9Q0.jpg
Got some news for VN Petya here. Upgraded better radar system, better AAA system, mounted SAM,too.

Pls Google trans

images1936279_gioi_lam__viet_nam_hien_dai_hoa_tau_san_ngam_petya_hinh_6_59504922c7393.jpg

images1936288_gioi_lam__viet_nam_hien_dai_hoa_tau_san_ngam_petya_hinh_12_59504a20584f2.jpg

observing the photo of the Petya in the shipyard and the drawings of the past on the hypothesis of modernization, I developed this photoshop of how it could be when the work is finished

2a5135ab723ded11d7f5c2a0d545cd6bo.jpg

Recalling the articles of a few years ago concerning the collaboration of India in the modernization of the 159-class Petya project, + today observing the structural changes carried out in the Da Nang shipyard, I tried to evaluate what India could offer for such modernization. Certainly these are just my hypotheses, and it is certain that the hulls have many years of navigation, but it would be interesting even just as an experience the realization of a single unit as a prototype, so to gain experience in making an ASW corvette made in Vietnam in the future.
463bda80360e5b6d8dd5981bc73a002fo.png

then certainly instead of systems supplied by India they could be the Russian ones to have a standardization with the naval units of the Gepard or Molniya class as I had depicted in the previous drawings

Last edited:
No, our special force is just like lonely wolf, they dont make any communication during the fight.Just simply make a plan and follow the plan to destroy the targets, thats all.

U think why VN special force can attack a heavy guarded US airbase in Thailand and damage even B-52 bombers if they r not better than US navy SEAL during VN war ??
modern special warfare is not about human factor anymore, a huge support force is required to accomplish the mission, you don't just shoot your way out.

just tell me how is "naked vietnamese" going to communicate with airforce, comand center and mark the target for precision munition,etc...

Rus SSO in Syria is a great example.

Last edited:
Video footage shows Vietnamese T-90S/SK MBTs fitted with Shtora-1 APS
by Import Feeder May 14, 2020, 08:38 AM

Video footage released online on 12 May by the Vietnam National Defence television channel (QPVN) shows that at least some of the Vietnam People's Army (VPA) T-90S/SK...

Video footage released online on 12 May by the Vietnam National Defence television channel (QPVN) shows that at least some of the Vietnam People's Army (VPA) T-90S/SK main battle tanks (MBTs) acquired from Russia have been equipped with the Shtora-1 active protection system (APS).

The footage, which was part of a QPVN news programme, showed at least one T-90SK and two T-90S MBTs fitted with the Russian-made APS.

The second distinctive feature on the MBTs, which were shown being displayed at a military base alongside several other tanks and an armoured recovery vehicle, was the Kord 12.7 mm heavy machinegun (HMG) - instead of the organic NSVT 12.7 mm HMG - which was seen installed in a roof-top mount.

A screengrab from QPVN video footage released on 12 May showing VPA T-90S/SK MBTs equipped with the Shtora-1 active protection system.

A screengrab from QPVN video footage released on 12 May showing VPA T-90S/SK MBTs equipped with the Shtora-1 active protection system.

The QPVN news report comes after the Russian Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation (FSVTS) told Jane’s in March 2019 that Moscow had completed the delivery of 64 T-90S/SK MBTs to Vietnam under a contract signed in 2016.

A representative of the Vietnam People’s Army (VPA) told Janes at the time that the MBTs had been shipped in two large batches, each totalling “no fewer than 30 platforms”.

“The first batch was delivered last December [2018], while the second one arrived in Vietnam in late February [2019],” said the sources at the time, adding that the VPA received the MBTs equipped with Kontakt-5 explosive reactive armour and “a turret-mounted missile countermeasures system”.

The vehicles are replacing outdated Chinese-made Type 59 and non-upgraded Soviet-era T-54 tanks, he added.

modern special warfare is not about human factor anymore, a huge support force is required to accomplish the mission, you don't just shoot your way out.

just tell me how is "naked vietnamese" going to communicate with airforce, comand center and mark the target for precision munition,etc...

Rus SSO in Syria is a great example.

We don't fight in far place like Russia-US, it's a waste cos once day, Russia-US will have to withdraw from Syria and gain Nothing.

We only fight around our borders. For example, On 5 July 1984 during VN-CN conflicts, a team from the Vietnamese 821st Sapper Regiment destroyed the Cymbeline artillery- locating radar system making CN leader Deng so surprised and questioned why CN forces couldn't do the same ??
Screenshot_20201213-091156_Chrome.jpg

We don't fight in far place like Russia-US, it's a waste cos once day, Russia-US will have to withdraw from Syria and gain Nothing.

We only fight around our borders. For example, On 5 July 1984 during VN-CN conflicts, a team from the Vietnamese 821st Sapper Regiment destroyed the Cymbeline artillery- locating radar system making CN leader Deng so surprised and questioned why CN forces couldn't do the same ??
View attachment 695775
it's not you don't, but you can't..again, just saying you need to updated your knowledge on morden special warfare..
the day of this has long gone, I'm out, bye.

PS: Laoshan is the place you really shouldn't talked about though.

it's not you don't, but you can't..again, just saying you need to updated your knowledge on morden special warfare..
the day of this has long gone, I'm out, bye.

PS: Laoshan is the place you really shouldn't talked about though.
Ok,we can't, but we don't care cos we don't waste money fighting in far places while our "mud men" still can destroy CN radar at any time cos PLA still don't know how to detect our men

Back
Top Bottom