What's new

Tempest | the UK's Next Generation Fighter | Updates & Discussions

The Tempest when it will be released - will be the most advanced 6th Gen fighter in the world - and it will only be bettered by what the Americans can come up with.
Will be the best in the world, but not better than the yanks = Contradiction?

I just hope Tempest is better than the Yanks, given the time, & R&D being put in.

THis is why the Tempest Programme will succeed and why FCAS will ultimately fail - the UK has built a collaborative consortium of technology developers for the programme and incubating core technology across multiple differet projects, eg TFX and F-X.

The EU has as usual taken a protectionalist cabal approach as it does to everthing which in the age of 6th Gen fighter programmes is not gonna work.
Bhai, lets not write them of so quickly. Dassault has a good track record of delivering the unexpected. Besides this, thier partners are no sleeping beauties either. So lets wait and see how things pan out.

Will be the best in the world, but not better than the yanks = Contradiction?

I just hope Tempest is better than the Yanks, given the time, & R&D being put in.
American have 2 active 6th gen aircraft programs as per public info, one on airforce specification other based on navy's specification.

Some Rumors are there that they already have testing prototype. So on papers they are much ahead of tempest.

American have 2 active 6th gen aircraft programs as per public info, one on airforce specification other based on navy's specification.

Some Rumors are there that they already have testing prototype. So on papers they are much ahead of tempest.
As witnessed in the F35, core tech will remain the same, It wont be a case, like F22 & F35.

As witnessed in the F35, core tech will remain the same, It wont be a case, like F22 & F35.
Yes sir in 5th gen everyone focus on stealth not on improving major capabilities, now they have released so 6th gen program will be focus on improving capabilities and adding artifical intelligence, single airfrom based on components that can quickly changed as per role, advanced laser based weapons , much improved speed and many more etc

Interesting article that I think we all missed.

Wow ! Found the below vid about the Augmented Reality helmet-mounted display on the Tempest :

But there were these comments :
Lanre Oladejo 1 year ago​
How about eye & brain fatigue from spending that much time in a VR environment under very stressful, deadly life threatening theaters of war? I still feel 50/50, for tactile buttons and VR is what is required for now.​
Matt Twinkletoes 1 year ago​
F35 has a glass cockpit already. The tactile button era is already over in gen 5.​
So the objective should be not too much complication. That on-hand watch / health-tracker is certainly not required.

And Augmented Reality is already being developed in the Apple Glass wearable display display.

---

@Bilal9 @Joe Shearer @T90TankGuy @Hamartia Antidote @ps3linux @fitpOsitive

Last edited:
Wow ! Found the below vid about the Augmented Reality helmet-mounted display on the Tempest :

But there were these comments :
Lanre Oladejo 1 year ago​
How about eye & brain fatigue from spending that much time in a VR environment under very stressful, deadly life threatening theaters of war? I still feel 50/50, for tactile buttons and VR is what is required for now.​
Matt Twinkletoes 1 year ago​
F35 has a glass cockpit already. The tactile button era is already over in gen 5.​
So the objective should be not too much complication. That on-hand watch / health-tracker is certainly not required.

And Augmented Reality is already being developed in the Apple Glass wearable display display.

---

@Bilal9 @Joe Shearer @T90TankGuy @Hamartia Antidote @ps3linux @fitpOsitive
I don't know how practical this concept would be in a highly sensitive environment therefore I would not comment on it, but as a general observation I would say I have seen few people using Google VR headset complaining about headache, personally I feel VR affect your ability to focus

I don't know how practical this concept would be in a highly sensitive environment therefore I would not comment on it, but as a general observation I would say I have seen few people using Google VR headset complaining about headache, personally I feel VR affect your ability to focus

The first commentor agrees with you and so my own comment about not over-complicating the display area with too much info. Also, this is AR and not total VR so there will be real-world views as well through the helmet glass so probably that will not give too much eye and brain strain and no headache maybe.

Last edited:
The first commentor agrees with you and so my own comment about not over-complicating the display area with too much info. Also, this is AR and not total VR so there will be real-world views as well through the helmet glass so probably that will not give too much eye and brain strain and no headache maybe.

I am not an expert on these things, but Google glass is already seeing some interesting uses in industrial settings.

Progressing well so far - lets see if the French try to knoble the Tempest partners of Italy and Sweden to join FCAS, or Japan for that matter...

Maybe UK should try to develop a 5th generation aircraft first😆

Over-reliance on electronics.......makes it vulnerable to EMP weapons, directed HE microwaves etc. Also where are pilot skills coming to effect?...this means in future, people with lesser mental/physical requirements compared to what is required today by Air Force, can also fly?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom