What's new

Tempest | the UK's Next Generation Fighter | Updates & Discussions

Tempest formally announced with equal partners of Italy and Japan at a goverment level as investors and technology developers.

Really nice write up here : https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...l-be-developed-jointly-by-japan-britain-italy

Whatever the next steps look like, the British government projects that the new fighter jet should enter full-scale development in 2025, with a demonstrator making its first flight by 2027.

Last edited:
Tempest formally announced with equal partners of Italy and Japan at a goverment level as investors and technology developers.

Really nice write up here : https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...l-be-developed-jointly-by-japan-britain-italy

Entering full development in 2025 and hoping to have first flight in 2027 is absurd.

Entering full development in 2025 and hoping to have first flight in 2027 is absurd.

Why is that absurd ? I am kind of curious why you think that ?

Given the pedigree of BAe and aerospace technology in the UK and the work done to date already - i think it is more than capable. Just look at the timeline of the EAP programme that BAe did before it became "Euro"fighter ...

Apparently this is the UK's latest creation of it's next generation fighter, the Tempest.

DiOHhsTWsAAP7al.jpg

DiOObzOXkAAKqmh.jpg

That resembles the checkmate russian design.

That resembles the checkmate russian design.

Indeed. I still thinkthat is you;re not goingto invorpoateandyhorizinatan certicazers, that means really the cantedreddervaters need to slope quite a but more and I'm not really pulling this stuff outof my rear end lol. The example I use is the vertitable YF-23 which we saw fly and roll and spin and upright instantly and make all kinds of maneuvers. Now you know that was wind tunnel tested to the maximum and performed exceptionally well.

We don't have any into on this or the Checmate, both of which show not so low ruddervaders so will they work well or will they end up lowering them like the WF-23".

This is probably the best pic I coud of how lowthey are. The straight forward picsdon't do them justce.

1670791785458.png

The checkmate and Tempest are almost the same as the F-18, sort of between the horizontal and vertical stabilizers or somewhere right tin the middle. I think most of the time, the aircraft use them H-stabs for takeoffs, roll and spin with ailerons etc. Not sure but I bet they'll change those on both aircraft both test flight or even just wind tunnel and find out they aren't working well enough.

I guess we'll have to see. What's your opinion on that specific matter besides the resemblance of the aircraft themselves,

>> there was so much that the UK and Japan were doing together - it made alot of sense for Japan and the UK to combine their programmes...

Last edited:

>> there was so much that the UK and Japan were doing together - it made alot of sense for Japan and the UK to combine their programmes...

Bro, can you confirm this news using Britain media source ?

1671878194195.png

I have seen iterations of this report - yes - with India mentioned aswell but not so the other countries. The UK tends to see to all who want it - so if Indonesia were to make a request - it will be positively entertained for sure. Taiwan is a stretch (imho ) but the world is changing quickly and Tempest would fit their requirements being an island entity like the UK with similar performance requirements - aswell as Japan and Australia(which is not mentioned in the above extract - but i do see them jumping onboard once the platform is available due to similar requirements.).

Interesting video on 6th Gen.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom