What's new

Shahid Afridi announces Pakistan comeback

Did I contradict that??

To say he is the best batsman pakistan has is obnoxious and insulting to pakistan cricket itself.

nope- there was a time when he was the best batsmen in Pakistani young side- there is no doubt about it-

this is to refresh your memory of recent struggling times-

Last edited by a moderator:
Shahid Afridi announces Pakistan comeback

276569-Afridiphotoafp-1318925568-540-640x480.jpg

KARACHI: All-rounder Shahid Afridi on Tuesday reversed his decision to retire from international cricket, saying he wanted to play for Pakistan since the chairman of the cricket board has been replaced.

Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari last week appointed banker Zaka Ashraf chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) to replace Ijaz Butt, who had developed serious differences with Afridi in May.

“Since the board chairman has changed, I take back my retirement decision and am available to play for Pakistan,” Afridi told reporters. “I had said I will never play with Butt as chairman, so things have changed now.”

The 31-year-old all-rounder announced his sudden retirement from international cricket after being dumped as one-day captain following a row over selection with team coach Waqar Younis on tour in the West Indies in May.

--------------------------

So he is coming back?

What kind of dumb player he is, he started to announce retire unprofessionally and then come back? No other players able to do this way and retire at once. I have said, he is retard emotional hot temper player of overall in history of Pakistan team. Not only this, he quit captain responsibilities in less than a week. He ate a lot of apples and bit.

Where is discipline guidelines for all Pakistan players to learn professionals and behaviors....?

Imran Khan quit as a 34 year old, came back won the world cup. Afridi has my full backing.

We have alrady set an examlpe by imposing life ban on Ajay and Azhar....Do you and your country have balls to do so...

Shree young man we have implemented life bans on Salim Malik and Atta Ur Rehman. When they were found guilty they were banned for life. Sadly its not the same rule everywhere. Shane Warne was found guilty and he got 6 months. The WHOLE Indian team was in the dressing room with a banned renouned match fixer and bookie.Why were they not even questioned? Dont come on here mouthing off and talking rubbish when you dont know the facts. I only mentioned those activities because you global warriors wanted to derail this thread. It isnt about match fixing and "your country better than ours". Its about Shahid Afridi wanting to play on for Pakistan. Why do you guys go off at a tangent? Do you have to be off topic so much?
BTW i suggest you learn a bit of spelling too Shree.

ok let me post some videos to prove my point. I repeat again - I have no disrespect for Afridi... its that I no longer feel he is the best choice for Pakistan and all of you are welcome to disagree with my personal feelings

1) Afridi swearing on Hafeez (calling him Gaando)

2) Afridi calling PCB management "Beghayrat" (breaching code of conduct)

3) I was actually trying to find a video in which he was scolding Umar Akmal and in second video he was after another fielder I can't remember. I think too much energy is also dangerous for team-spirit?

imran khan also sweared, shoaib akhter also sweared

what a bullshitt arguement

Last edited by a moderator:
Batsman!!!!!
I think he is more a bowler than a batsman. He cant make it in any other good international team as a batsman.

I agree with that. He don't have temperament, solid batting techniques, positioning, placement and was not even consistent in his batting performances which we can see from his batting average.

But peoples like him because he is good entertainers and peoples love his aggressive batting and strike rate :)

Alot of jealousy from PDF members towards Shahid Afridi in this thread :argh:

Its not about jealousy but statistics cannot be wrong. I personally enjoy and love the aggressive batting of Afridi but sad to say that enjoyments last only few minutes as he always get out after playing irresponsible shots and his shot selection is very poor and thats why he concentrated on his bowling as he knew that he cannot be in team as a batsman :)

see even Abdur Razaq have better batting average in one day and T20 and he always play at bottom

Abdur Razaq

Competition Test ODI T20I
Matches 46 255 26

Bat avg 28.61 30.10 23.06

Shaid Afridi

Competition Test ODI T20I
Matches 27 325 43

Bat avg 36.51 23.49 17.97

abdur razaq took 100 wickets in 46 test matches and 262 wickets in 255 one day matches

Afridi took 48 wickets in 27 test matches and 315 wickets in 325 one day matches

here razaq also beat him as a bowler but we made one hero and the other one is zero

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom