What's new

Shahid Afridi announces Pakistan comeback

VelocuR

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Shahid Afridi announces Pakistan comeback

276569-Afridiphotoafp-1318925568-540-640x480.jpg

KARACHI: All-rounder Shahid Afridi on Tuesday reversed his decision to retire from international cricket, saying he wanted to play for Pakistan since the chairman of the cricket board has been replaced.

Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari last week appointed banker Zaka Ashraf chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) to replace Ijaz Butt, who had developed serious differences with Afridi in May.

“Since the board chairman has changed, I take back my retirement decision and am available to play for Pakistan,” Afridi told reporters. “I had said I will never play with Butt as chairman, so things have changed now.”

The 31-year-old all-rounder announced his sudden retirement from international cricket after being dumped as one-day captain following a row over selection with team coach Waqar Younis on tour in the West Indies in May.

--------------------------

So he is coming back?

What kind of dumb player he is, he started to announce retire unprofessionally and then come back? No other players able to do this way and retire at once. I have said, he is retard emotional hot temper player of overall in history of Pakistan team. Not only this, he quit captain responsibilities in less than a week. He ate a lot of apples and bit.

Where is discipline guidelines for all Pakistan players to learn professionals and behaviors....?

it was always on the cards. afridi is making mockery of himself by decisions like these. let us see when he thinks of retiring again.

A man surrounded by match fixers , corrupt chairman & players there is little a man like afridi can do to stay clean . Only he has announce early retirement rather than getting in the mess.

We welcome afridi with open hearts and offer him all the best in future

What if the new chairman doesn't work according to Afridi's "guidelines"?

Oh wait I know.. retirement again.

He is a joker with all his antics, including biting the ball plus his lacklustre performance with the bat......

whats the problem with pakistani player,they always take retirement and after sometime,we can here that they came beck(like yunus khan,yusuf etc)

The retirement, followed by comeback thing is so common in Pakistan. They should find better word, maybe sabbatical leave is better.

Welcome back Afridi and do remember that new guy is also Zee's friend.

whole wc2011 was fixed.

If WC2011 was fixed that mean he was too because he didn't not performed against india so he will again going to fix match in future as a result he will not going to hit six in future

If WC2011 was fixed that mean he was too because he didn't not performed against india so he will again going to fix match in future as a result he will not going to hit six in future
rather match officials and umpires fixed semifinal for india.

Back
Top Bottom