What's new

Pilots of Pakistan Air Force ( PAF )

Since some are in oblivion, Nishan-e-Haider is awarded only posthumously.

The Nishan-e-Haider can be awarded to all ranks of the Armed Forces for showing feats of extraordinary courage in confronting the enemy. As a matter of practice and precedent, it has only been awarded where it has been established that the recipient acted despite high risks and was martyred(shaheed) in the act.
Although some consider it equivalent to the British Victoria Cross and the United States Medal of Honor, it is unique in that it has so far been awarded only posthumously.

He is referring to the grounding of Bengali pilots and other cases of discrimination although the grounding was cautionary during 71 and in general the PAF has been kept clean of bigotry if not nepotism.
As I state repeatedly it is also a reflection of society because if a PAF or PA officer has family members who are all racist and he has been brought up with it, then Risalpur can only remove so much and they don’t have mind reading machines.
Bhutto was a racist through and through but one never heard from him unless through his actions- unlike Ayub who was more vocal on that.

P.S a Pakistani just got into USAF afsc .. no bigotry, no security threat - he qualified and wants to contribute to his adopted country - always welcome @JamD
Fair enough.

And not the first Pakistani origin in the US armed forces to have made it due to merit. Plenty others have, even as pilots.

Never heard of living Nishan-e-Haider. If any could you please share?
I stand corrected.... I think NH can be awarded to a living soul but is given posthumously.

My apologies.

1616775593362.png

1616887146804.png

F - 86
First Air Force to perform a 16 aircrafts loop.

1617132122735.png

No 11 Squadron, Sher Afghan Team..

One of the superior pic in PAF History at Sargodha air base early 90's era. Ironically this Viper 83703 is now serving in no.9 squadron GRIFFINS with his full MLU Block 50/52 capabilities and take part in several exercises...Long live Pakistan

Chief with the combat crew at AFB Qadri , Skardu

1617136952846.png

JF-17 Thunder formation wingmen with the flight surgeon and the ground crew !!!!

1617545944135.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom