Pakistan successfully test fired Hataf V Ghouri missile

melb4aust

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The news said:
Ballistic missile Hataf V Ghouri successfully test-fired
Updated at 0945 PST
ISLAMABAD(By Mazhar Tufail):Pakistan has successfully test- fired ballistic Hataf V Ghouri missile on Thursday morning. Medium range Hataf V missile can hit targets up to 1300 km.

Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz has congratulated the scientists and the nation on successful missile test.

The strategic command force conducted the test fire at the end of exercises.

Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz, Vice Chief of Army Staff General Ahsan Salim Hayat, DG Strategic Forces Lieutenant General Khalid Munir, Chairman Nescom Dr.Samar Mubarakmand, Chairman Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission Anwar Ali, Chairman KRL Karim Ahmad and other military officials, scientists and engineers witnessed the launch.

Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz said that Pakistan can be justifiably proud of its defense capability and the reliability of its nuclear deterrence.

Pakistan believes in peace that ``comes from a position of strength and operational readiness,'' Aziz said, adding the defense of the country was ``non-negotiable.''

Aziz said Pakistan's nuclear capability had matured and has been consolidated to full operational capability in the past seven years.

In think this one probably is to test the capabilities of our missile arsenal, as the test was conducted after regular army excercises.:flag:

Great news, but I think its just another routine test.
Nothing new.

Yes Neo these had already been inducted, however the nice thing is that by testing we can come to know if there is any technical fault or not :)

Longer ranged cruise missiles should eventually replace all IRBMs. Cruise missiles can actually be used to bomb places at times of war. We've seen from western armies that before they start off their armies to fight on the ground, there's a strong missile campaign.

Great news, but I think its just another routine test.
Nothing new.

You are right. It could be a test to validate storage life, but please don't forget, we can't waste precious money on mere tests of already validated weapons system. It seems to have carried a diplomatic message for N Delhi too, that Siachin talks will not end at India's terms. We can still hurt you.:flag:

Congrats to the scientist and engineers who were involved in making the test success.

Great routine test. Congrats to everyone involved in making this venture a success.

Naah that'd be over thinking it. You're probably right, it should be just a test to validate storage life. At least I'm hoping its nothing so aggressive like that. :D But you never know, we're an aggressive, know no fear bunch. :)

Ghauri always did carry a bad name for its CEP. I'm pretty sure they've never stopped working on improving it. When first tested in 1998, its CEP was rated at 1km. I know even that's not so bad, since its only going to be used as a nuke carrier. Then again it could all be hogwash since those estimates were based on US intelligence on the North Korean missile.

Btw, any idea if all these stored missiles go through regular engine tests? How does that work? they keep disassembling it, run it, reassemble?

Btw, any idea if all these stored missiles go through regular engine tests? How does that work? they keep disassembling it, run it, reassemble?

I am not sure, but my understanding after every burn, the engines have to be pretty much rebuilt.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom