What's new

Pakistan Developing AI powered Unmanned Sentry System

Do they have the capacity to build high quality capable systems?

There is a big question mark on this, judging by the general lack of competency in basically every other institution and sector from the ground-up. Just like the fifth generation stealth fighter got nowhere.

Until they don't fix the structural issues none of these R&D sectors, etc, will thrive. Nepotism and incapable undeserving people leading projects. Not the environment that let's capable minds thrive and express themselves.

R&D budget isn't enough. Army need to drastically cut cost to keep up with the world. Start by reducing army size to half.

R&D budget isn't enough. Army need to drastically cut cost to keep up with the world. Start by reducing army size to half.
Half? Nah that's too much we are a big country

I would advocate for refining our counter insurgency abilities to be able to tackle the worst case scenario if it were to arise

Last edited:
Half? Nah that's too much we are a big country

I would advocate for refining our counter insurgency abilities to be able to tackle the worst case scenario if it were to arise

Its useless and sitting duck. Especially now that India prepare to take on China with help of USA. Need to cut army budget to half along with many other federal departments. Only that will ensure low fiscal deficit and debt.

Its useless and sitting duck. Especially now that India prepare to take on China with help of USA. Need to cut army budget to half along with many other federal departments. Only that will ensure low fiscal deficit and debt.
Bad idea; You have a new enemy on the western front and India is an opportunist that will attack when the time is right.

Such a significant cut could be lethal.

I advocate for a significant increase in counter insurgency capabilities, a full fledged force because it may be useful in the coming future... potential civil war.

Strong chance it is CASE.
If you want to confirm one can always walk in there under the guise of visiting sir syed museum. Unless you encounter one handlebar mustached fellow in MP looking uniform.
In that case pray the ISI tortures you first because that fellow will lecture you on his generation and new kids until your hair grows white

If you want to confirm one can always walk in there under the guise of visiting sir syed museum. Unless you encounter one handlebar mustached fellow in MP looking uniform.
In that case pray the ISI tortures you first because that fellow will lecture you on his generation and new kids until your hair grows white
LOL!!! I have been there numerous times. Great institution and great people. True Pakistanis.
If anyone can pull this sort of integrated technology it is them. And I wish they are successful, these sort of capabilities are much needed. IA they'll be successful. However I think it might also be easier to get this from the Chinese, that are exceedingly good at CV based technology. Having said this and knowing how procurement works in PK, my bet is it is a joint effort lead by the military complex in and around Taxila.

Bad idea; You have a new enemy on the western front and India is an opportunist that will attack when the time is right.

Such a significant cut could be lethal.

I advocate for a significant increase in counter insurgency capabilities, a full fledged force because it may be useful in the coming future... potential civil war.

Its better to fight with half of army then no army at all in case of default. Need to cut down army budget.

Pakistan also developed ground surveillance radars in Raheel Sharif era. Was to be mass-produced and deployed to seal off Afghanistan and Iran borders with Pakistan. Then nothing happened.
It has been.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom