What's new

PakAfghan forces to carry out coordinated ops.

batmannow

ELITE MEMBER
Jan 28, 2008
18,830
-19
8,061
Country
United States
Location
Thailand
Pak-Afghan security forces to carry out coordinated operations: Sartaj Aziz
Mateen Haider
Updated about 6 hours ago
54952932dcaeb.jpg

Adviser to Prime Minister on National Security and Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz - Reuters/File
ISLAMABAD: Adviser to Prime Minister on National Security and Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz on Saturday said security forces in Pakistan and Afghanistan have agreed to carry out coordinated operations against terrorists along the Pak-Afghan border.

Aziz, who yesterday stated that the massacre by the Taliban in Peshawar was “Pakistan’s 9/11”, said that the Afghan leadership in Kabul has assured the Pakistani army of full cooperation in countering terrorism.

Take a look at:Gen Raheel visits Kabul, seeks handover of Mullah Fazlullah

The adviser's remarks comes days after Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Raheel Sharif travelled to Kabul where he secured assurances from Afghan President Ashraf Ghani as well as International Security Assistance Force (Isaf) commander General Joseph Dunford of complete cooperation in security-related matters.

In his latest remarks, Aziz also said that Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, the alleged mastermind of 26/11 Mumbai attacks, has not been released and that the government was reviewing a petition regarding his case.

Also read: Mumbai attack 'mastermind' Lakhvi detained under MPO

Responding to a question, Aziz said standard operating procedures for better border management between Pakistan and Afghanistan have been finalised and would be presented for approval before a joint military group meeting expected to take place shortly.

He also expressed hope that India would show significant progress in the Samjhauta Express case.

More on this: India urged to prosecute Samjhauta Express perpetrators

The Samjhauta Express blast that took place in the Delhi-Lahore train in 2007 had left nearly 70 people, mostly Pakistanis, dead.
Why he is letting that known to terrorists now?
What's the politics behind it?
 
Conspiraiest has no limit. News was already out, and afghan side did that. Now you have problem with Pakistani side doing same.
Wasn't Mr Aziz the one telling BBC "We wouldn t fight those, who aren't fighting us"
At the time when our COAS was confirming to USA administration that zarab -e-azab is beyond that?
So , basicly its Mr Aziz conspiring fedrl govt ?
Or what?
 
Wasn't Mr Aziz the one telling BBC "We wouldn t fight those, who aren't fighting us"
At the time when our COAS was confirming to USA administration that zarab -e-azab is beyond that?
So , basicly its Mr Aziz conspiring fedrl govt ?
Or what?

If COAS is not ask or atleast informing Government which is official spokesmen of the country then this thing is bound to happen. Last year, when Zarab-e-Azab started it was clear that we will not fight with people who don't fight with us. It's COAS who changed the scope without informing Government.

COAS has to keep government upto date before making any commitments.
 
Why does our foreign secretary look like something out of the Mummy movie? How old is this guy? This retard was basically stating that Pakistan will distinguish between Taliban factions. What an idiot.
 
Lol, way too old. Maybe time for him and others to retire and take the back seat. It's obvious their not upto the job.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)


Back
Top Bottom