What's new

North Korea Defence Forum

Lets at least post a pic or two shall we?
PIC0076032.jpg

PIC0076035.jpg

PIC0076029.jpg

PIC0076014.jpg

From the look of this pic it appears to have a loadout of 6 small launch tubes and 4 larger ones,so 10 missiles in all,which is really not that bad,all things considered.

Last edited:
Great asset to keep US bases in SK and Japan at check.

If China provides NK with technology of long range subs then NK will be able to kill the first strike capability of USA.

👍

From another forum better quality screenshots from user "hufden", to which I tried to make some improvements with the exposure.
You can also observe the new North Korean turret armed with what appears to be a clone of the 76/62 : small dimensions, very accentuated inclinations of the dome shields

08-11731825-bezymyannyj5.jpg

08-11731825-bezymyannyj6 (1).jpg

08-11731825-bezymyannyj8.jpg

Screenshot (415-2).png

Last edited:
The lady in pink of the DPRK State TV presents the video of the launch of the new SLBM submarine
filmed here and published on a Vietnamese YouTube channel
From minute 1:00 onwards, including some frames of the FAC

1694210139636.png

My reaction:
Its an okay analysis, but double standards since it author states it is not clear if there are torpedo tubes present or were they removed during reshaping only for author to assert that propulsion did not change and that battery capacity was reduced without any shred of evidence to support it.

Last edited:
View attachment 952157

My reaction:
Its an okay analysis, but double standards since it author states it is not clear if there are torpedo tubes present or were they removed during reshaping only for author to assert that propulsion did not change and that battery capacity was reduced without any shred of evidence to support it.
Yes, I also thought the same thing when I read the article.

Hi Sutton continues to consider that this is a modified Romeo/Project 633 class and lists the defects that this entails, such as the reduction of battery packs, the type of engine, but at least consider that it has a hull lengthened by 10 meters.
But in my opinion, we continue to make a mistake, that is, thinking that they used (as your previous article from July 2019 suggest shttp://www.hisutton.com/ROMEO-Mod_Submarine.html ) a Romeo Class or rather the Chinese Type-033 version that was already supplied.
But since the Romeo/Type 033 class submarines were not only imported, but made directly in North Korea, one could also evaluate the option that starting from the original project and the technical knowledge in the creation of the Romeo/Type 033 class, the North Koreans they could have built this missile submarine from scratch, adapting the project to the new mission, and we must not forget that in the last 27 years since the last Type 033 incorporated into the North Korean navy, the world and even North Korea have technically taken steps to giant, both in the miniaturization and automation of many components, as well as in the creation of more compact battery packs while maintaining and even increasing the charging capacity.
Therefore, making assumptions like the one that they had to give up on battery packs without knowing the insides of the new submarine should at least be avoided.

Lets at least post a pic or two shall we?
PIC0076032.jpg

PIC0076035.jpg

View attachment 951823
View attachment 951825
From the look of this pic it appears to have a loadout of 6 small launch tubes and 4 larger ones,so 10 missiles in all,which is really not that bad,all things considered.
Probably going to operate in the Yellow Sea, indeed, impressive all things considered.

Any indication it uses AIP propulsion, the only probable way it could be survivable enough to be relevant in a conflict.

Any specs on its weight and dimensions?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom