What's new

Kalyani Group bags $155 million export order for artillery guns

INS_Vikrant

Reaction score
Country
India
While the country of export has not been specified, it is to note that Saudi Arabia recently carried out trials of Bharat 52, a 155 mm, 52 calibre towed howitzer, made by the company.

In a regulatory filing, Bharat Forge, part of the Kalyani Group, said this order is for a “non-conflict zone”. The company also said the order for the 155 mm artillery gun platform is to be executed over a three-year time period.
The company did not specify which artillery system was being exported and what was the quantity. However, industry sources indicated that the order could be for a Middle Eastern nation.

It is to note that Saudi Arabia had carried out trials of Bharat Forge’s Bharat 52, a 155 mm, 52 calibre towed howitzer. Sources said the gun underwent trials by the Saudi military in 2020. It was the first artillery gun manufactured by the defence firm and has a range of about 41 KMs and is capable of firing six rounds in 50 seconds.

Private sectors are much proactive in seeking international customers. I’m sure SSS Defense will have success in international small arms industry in the future too.

I think Bangldesh should go for a few battlations of these. What do you think? Seems like a decent kit.
I don't know much about Bangladesh's armed forces, are they even semi decent?
cos looks like they geopolitically are fucked over by two big nations on both sides and a hostile Myanmar where they might have a use of military.

I don't know much about Bangladesh's armed forces, are they even semi decent?
cos looks like they geopolitically are fucked over by two big nations on both sides and a hostile Myanmar where they might have a use of military.
Myanmar attack helicopters have a free run over their airspace without being challenged. That speaks about how humble and welcoming Bangladeshi defense forces are.

Myanmar attack helicopters have a free run over their airspace without being challenged. That speaks about how humble and welcoming Bangladeshi defense forces are.
Oo I did read about the recent Myanmar airforce strikes inside Bangladesh. I knew they were pretty weak but didn't know they were such a pushover.

While the country of export has not been specified, it is to note that Saudi Arabia recently carried out trials of Bharat 52, a 155 mm, 52 calibre towed howitzer, made by the company.

In a regulatory filing, Bharat Forge, part of the Kalyani Group, said this order is for a “non-conflict zone”. The company also said the order for the 155 mm artillery gun platform is to be executed over a three-year time period.
The company did not specify which artillery system was being exported and what was the quantity. However, industry sources indicated that the order could be for a Middle Eastern nation.

It is to note that Saudi Arabia had carried out trials of Bharat Forge’s Bharat 52, a 155 mm, 52 calibre towed howitzer. Sources said the gun underwent trials by the Saudi military in 2020. It was the first artillery gun manufactured by the defence firm and has a range of about 41 KMs and is capable of firing six rounds in 50 seconds.

Is this a private firm ?

Is this a private firm ?

Bharat Forge is a big player in Forging and casting business.Its owned by Kalyani group

They went into defence industry lately and moved in big time into artillery segment. They have more than 9 products now

In addition, to the above, they also have a 155mm/52 cal mounted on 6X6

The gun in this order is believed to be 155/39 MSG, which is based on their 155/39 Ultra light Howitzer( Multi-terrain Artillery Gun (MArG) )mounted on a 4X4 high mobility vehicle. It's light for a 155mm Mounted gun,whole MSG including ammunition only weigh 18 ton.

Last edited:
Hahaha why not? :P

Surely Bangladesh can afford a division or 2 of this beauty? Do Bangladesh not have experience of using a gun of this girth?

Lol imaginary Indian threats from Billu are truly hilarious. I really wanna a peek inside this human's brain.

How exactly does it operate.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom