What's new

Just a Nice Pic....

Man, the Houthis are something else. Apparently they've managed to get a few of their F-5s in great working condition and flew one of them over Sanaa back in September. They've also worked on their PR status and seem to have their photography nailed down.

This one F5 was zipping all over the capital doing barrel rolls and flying very fast at very low altitude wow, very impressive.

1698974092236.png

Mirror-coated F-22. Interesting that they must be experimenting with some facet of stealth, but it just seems too.....can't find the word for it. Trashy? Sleezy? Something like that. Not used to seeing the US go to this kind of extent. Almost disappointing but kinda cool at the same time hahaha. Weird effect.

1698975322261.png

1698975377139.png

1698975346990.png

1698975413417.png

Slowly turning into my fav. A/C. Might have to change avatar & username...

KDBM TVC working in tandem with the H-stabs.

1699202996230.png

Mirror-coated F-22. Interesting that they must be experimenting with some facet of stealth, but it just seems too.....can't find the word for it. Trashy? Sleezy? Something like that. Not used to seeing the US go to this kind of extent. Almost disappointing but kinda cool at the same time hahaha. Weird effect.

View attachment 967674

View attachment 967676

View attachment 967675

View attachment 967677
Hi,

I wish I had saved all the maetrial that I have read over the years to explain.

But don't sell this shiny stuff short---.

Last edited:
Hi,

I wish I had saved all the maetrial that I have read over the years to explain.

But don't sell this shiny stuff short---.

I knew that using the words "trashy" & "sleezy" were not appropriate to the context of the point I was trying to make. But I did preface all that by saying I was aware that it was some sort of research process on advancing stealth technology which is obvious, and I also read more about that mirror facet technology they're using.

Believe me, I'm one of the last people who would ever sell anything the US does short, not just militarily, but in all fields. It was more to do with how used to the standard look we have become -- or at least myself -- that seeing something so radical wouldn't be immediately appreciated, from an aesthetic point of view only.

Man, the Houthis are something else. Apparently they've managed to get a few of their F-5s in great working condition and flew one of them over Sanaa back in September. They've also worked on their PR status and seem to have their photography nailed down.

This one F5 was zipping all over the capital doing barrel rolls and flying very fast at very low altitude wow, very impressive.

View attachment 967668
I wonder if they are pure f-5s or have some kowsar in them...

I wonder if they are pure f-5s or have some kowsar in them...

According to Wiki, current inventory stands at 11 Northrop F-5E/F from the US and 2 Northrop F-5F conversion trainers also from the US. But since the civil war and economy collapse and ensuing famine and with the eventual rise of the Houthis taking power, I would venture to confidently guess that Iran has a lot to do with those things buzzing around the way they did lol. It was impressive all things considered.

Here's the video.

@MastanKhan , redemption! :D
Now these are "Nice Pics".

1699213736017.png

1699213756446.png

1699213776401.png

Spreading the love all around. Another beauty.

1699213877279.png

I knew that using the words "trashy" & "sleezy" were not appropriate to the context of the point I was trying to make. But I did preface all that by saying I was aware that it was some sort of research process on advancing stealth technology which is obvious, and I also read more about that mirror facet technology they're using.

Believe me, I'm one of the last people who would ever sell anything the US does short, not just militarily, but in all fields. It was more to do with how used to the standard look we have become -- or at least myself -- that seeing something so radical wouldn't be immediately appreciated, from an aesthetic point of view only.
Hi,

With your background---I do not expect that.

Speaking of a nice pic, this was a few years ago at a local airshow and the beauty of this particular show is they allow visitors to walk right up to the jets. My son and I do a lot more than that LOL. We move the flaps on F-15s and push up and down of the H-stabs of F-16s and these are operational squadron aircraft lol. One time my son sat in one of the cockpits and was yanking the stick and pushing on the pedals like he was doing a barrel roll in the damn thing. :D

This is the famous Philips screw on the radome tip of the legacy F/A-18 Hornet. All F-15s have them too. There was an article about that particular screw and it was a big mystery. I found out they simply fasten the chrome tip to the radomes on those two specific aircraft and that cap acts as a protective element against wear & tear of the sensitive composite material that the sharp point of the radome is made of, especially at supersonic speeds.

IMG_0538.JPG

IMG_0539.JPG

From form to function, the F/A-18F Super Hornet is a spectacular bird.

1699620058353.png

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom