What's new

Featured Iran unveils 'Gaza' UAV

He writes abou the GAZA UCAV

"
هر کس در مورد غزه اطلاعات منتشر کرد تحلیل شخصی خودشه ، ولی در زمانی معین اطلاعاتی از آن منتشر خواهد شد فقط خواستم بگم ریپر گاردین در حد و اندازه غزه نیست چه تو بحث نظارت و رهگیری چه تسلیحات و چه برد و ارتفاع عملیاتی... حتی چینی ها هم نمونه مشابهشو ندارند
"
"
Everyone who published information about Gaza has their own personal analysis, but at a certain time information about it will be published. Even the Chinese do not have a similar example"

-> "Even the Chinese do not have a similar example"

curious what exactly he is talking about....

Iron Dome would not be used to shoot this down, it would be IAF fighters.

What this UAV needs is mini cruise missiles like SPEAR to launch from standoff distances.
agreed, this is not a target for iron dome f-16 would do the job this is the case for every MQ-9 class drones

well Iran has some standoff 20 - 80 - 110 kms glide bombs and one small air launched cruise missile, but cruise missiles are not good weapons when comes to drones, missiles and bombs are much more suited for the job

1621628820976.png

1621628914655.png

1621628965874.png

1621629015003.png

Last edited:
@JamD I guess something like this would be the next logical step for AvRID's UAV program? Basically, they can look at enlarging the 1.5-ton MTOW design into a 4-5-ton MTOW UAV. It'd obviously be a new aircraft, however, that would be the next sequential step, right? In fact, we may be able to do some nifty stuff with existing inputs, e.g., twin-engine UCAV using the same powerplants as our cruise missiles...

@JamD I guess something like this would be the next logical step for AvRID's UAV program? Basically, they can look at enlarging the 1.5-ton MTOW design into a 4-5-ton MTOW UAV. It'd obviously be a new aircraft, however, that would be the next sequential step, right? In fact, we may be able to do some nifty stuff with existing inputs, e.g., twin-engine UCAV using the same powerplants as our cruise missiles...

A lot can be done in the UAV space. It's all a matter of money and priorities. Let's wait and see if the AvRID UAV is widely adopted or not first.

Would that work? I thought the engines are low life, and for one time use.
Yes that is the main concern with using those turbojets. For the foreseeable future well see piston engined UAVs from Pakistan in my opinion.

Could be good enough for a tech demonstrator. Perhaps we don't stop at 4-tons, but use that as a case study to assess true HALE designs for later in the future.
Yes that is the main concern with using those turbojets. For the foreseeable future well see piston engined UAVs from Pakistan in my opinion.
IMO we'll see them add in small turboprops too. They're becoming more common on the market.

cruise missiles engines can be reused but they are not built with that mission in mind so it depends on engine, missiles are built to be cheap so unless PK has mastered an new turbojet or turbofan engine family then no they are not suitable for that job
Looks like Shahed-129

Not sure the difference here...
3 times bigger then Shahed-129, it turboprop, much much bigger EO payload, bigger weapons payload it can carry better missiles and bombs and more advance electronics and Longer range jamming capability and more

Last edited:
If they want to help Gaza people, they must send a few to Gaza instead named it Gaza.

:lol:

Governments who talk about Gaza get popular support between Muslim people, but they only talk, and they do nothing. Like Erdogan in Turkey.
are u blind .where these missile come from are any moslem country have missile tec to support them only iran who send support to gaza to make missile maybe bin salman send his saw to kll the gaza kid with it or erdogan send his terrorist from adleb to steal their oil like syria .and you say we iranian only talking maybe this missile they have drop down from sky for them or gaza have so much science to make it .if iran dont help them with money and tec they are even cant fight with rock ether dont talk trash
if u r joking im sorry i say that to who think like iran only talking and bala bla .......

Last edited:
For real!?

This many years after Shahrud-129 they unveil a heavier version with different engine?

What was point of Fotros then? Gaza is nothing more than a Fotros 2.0 EO tech is still disappointing and I don’t see SAR integration.

It’s a bigger S-129 that can carry heavier payloads. Only reason EO was even upgraded is due to high operation ceiling you need more capable EO for accurate targeting.

Also what is the point of this drone? Is Iran hunting down rag tag terrorists?

In a war zone against a high tech adversary (Israel, Saudi Arabia, US etc) this drone has a worse survivability than the so-called elite Global Hawk which actually had an anti air defense system on board.

Again Iran should be focusing on supersonic high altitude bomber UAVs that can survive in competitive airspace for 21st century conflict. Iran is not the US bombing banana countries and rag tag terrorists from 10KM in the air.

I don’t see this drone seeing as much action when S-129 can meet Iran’s current needs and cheaper operation. This is exactly what doomed Fotros (besides the engine that is).

This drone would have been great for Syrian theater 5 years ago when Syria was desperate for 24/7 air power. Now? Not so much.

If they want to help Gaza people, they must send a few to Gaza instead named it Gaza.

Governments who talk about Gaza get popular support between Muslim people, but they only talk, and they do nothing. Like Erdogan in Turkey.

Ya kind of like Erdogan talking about converting Hagia Sophia into a mosque...o wait!

Turkey's Erdogan is a NATO clown. Don't confuse it with Iran.. only nation that actually armed and funded Palestinian fighters.

Turkey's Erdogan is a NATO clown. Don't confuse it with Iran.. only nation that actually armed and funded Palestinian fighters.

Iran spend a lot more money in shiite people like Hizbollah than Palestinian people.

Qatar is the true daddy of Palestinian fighters. Everytime Hamas meet a Qatari intelligence high rank, they start to launch rockets few time later :lol:.

And Qatar is just a USA puppet, Hamas was quiet along Trump administration, because they obbey Qatar orders, and Qatar obbey USA orders.

USA wants "two states" solution, a way to provocate Israel to kill more civilian people.
USA need mayhem and destruction in Middle East as cheap oil is running out, in order to decrease oil internal conssumption of Middle East oil exporters countries.

USA is the mother of all abominations of the Earth.

Back
Top Bottom