What's new

Iran almost shot down US Navy plane with 35 crew as ‘message’ to US

Microsoft

SENIOR MEMBER
Mar 19, 2019
2,533
3
4,225
Country
Pakistan
Location
United States
https://americanmilitarynews.com/20...-us-navy-plane-with-35-crew-as-message-to-us/

An Iranian general said Iran decided not to shoot down a U.S. Navy plane with a crew of 35, opting instead to shoot down a nearby U.S. Navy drone, as a warning to the United States.

Iranian Brig. Gen. Amir Ali Hajizadeh claimed the U.S. RQ-4A Global Hawk drone and nearby Navy P-8 aircraft were violating Iran’s airspace, prompting Iran to shoot down the drone as a warning to the American “terrorists,” according to Iranian state media Fars News Agency on Friday.


“We intended to send a message to American terrorists in the region,” Hajizadeh said.



“Along with the American drone was an American P8 aircraft with 35 on board, and it was also violating our airspace and we could have downed it too,” he said, adding, “But we did not do it, because our aim was to warn the terrorist forces of the U.S.”


Hajizadeh is the commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) Aerospace Force, which shot down the U.S. drone near the Strait of Hormuz early Thursday.

ADVERTISEMENT
Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif posted on Twitter on Thursday to say that Iran had collected pieces of the drone, also claiming it was shot down because it violated Iran’s airspace.

“[The] U.S. drone took off from UAE in stealth mode and violated Iranian airspace,” Zarif wrote, noting that the drone “was targeted near… [the] Kouh-e Mobarak region in the Central district of Jask, in Hormuzgan province, after the aircraft violated Iran’s airspace.”

At 00:14 US drone took off from UAE in stealth mode & violated Iranian airspace. It was targeted at 04:05 at the coordinates (25°59’43″N 57°02’25″E) near Kouh-e Mobarak.

We’ve retrieved sections of the US military drone in OUR territorial waters where it was shot down. pic.twitter.com/pJ34Tysmsg

— Javad Zarif (@JZarif) June 20, 2019



“We’ve retrieved sections of the U.S. military drone in OUR territorial waters where it was shot down,” he added.

In a previous tweet, Zarif insisted, “We don’t seek war, but will zealously defend our skies, land & waters. We’ll take this new aggression to #UN & show that the US is lying about international waters.”

The US wages #EconomicTerrorism on Iran, has conducted covert action against us & now encroaches on our territory.

We don’t seek war, but will zealously defend our skies, land & waters.

We’ll take this new aggression to #UN & show that the US is lying about international waters

— Javad Zarif (@JZarif) June 20, 2019



IRGC Commander Maj. Gen. Hossein Salami also reiterated that shooting down the drone was a message to the U.S. for violating Iran’s borders.

“Borders are our red lines and any enemy which violates them will not go back home and will be annihilated. The only way for enemies is to respect Iran’s territorial integrity and national interests,” Salami said, according to Fars News Agency.

“We declare that we do not want war with any country but we are fully ready for war and the today incident was a clear instance of this precise message,” he underscored.

It is the third time Iran has directly or indirectly targeted a U.S. drone in the past two weeks.

Before attacking two oil tankers near the coast of Iran last week, Iranians launched a surface-to-air missile at a U.S. Navy MQ-9 drone flying in the Gulf of Oman.

The missile missed and fell into the ocean, but days earlier, another U.S. Navy MQ-9 drone was successfully shot down over the Red Sea by Houthi rebels with a suspected Iranian missile.

Iran is also suspected of being responsible for the attack on the two tankers near the Strait of Hormuz last week.
 
Sounds more like fabricated or embellished response to DJT's recent tweets about calling off the attacks, to be honest.
 
lol...

trump made up a story to scare Iran. but Iran can tell scary stories too.

the only reality is the 200 million dollar American aircraft blown into 200 million peices

along with the large ego and credibility of the worlds "superpower" who just let a direct and delibrate attack on an expensive military asset go unanswered out of fear.
 
lol...

trump made up a story to scare Iran. but Iran can tell scary stories too.

the only reality is the 200 million dollar American aircraft blown into 200 million peices

along with the large ego and credibility of the worlds "superpower" who just let a direct and delibrate attack on an expensive military asset go unanswered out of fear.

Fear of what exactly?

A war with Iran at this point is not in America's interests.....and hence is not being pursued. Trust me, you underestimate the Americans at your own peril.

America has found the golden trigger against Iran: Sanctions. Everyone knows how sanctions are hurting Iran severely....and hence Iran is trying to get world's attention. America damaged Iran a lot by not responding, hence limiting Iran's options even further to get out of these devastating sanctions.

The Iranian economy is spiralling down to sh*t and Iran is losing out of options fast.
 
Fear of what exactly?

A war with Iran at this point is not in America's interests.....and hence is not being pursued. Trust me, you underestimate the Americans at your own peril.

America has found the golden trigger against Iran: Sanctions. Everyone knows how sanctions are hurting Iran severely....and hence Iran is trying to get world's attention. America damaged Iran a lot by not responding, hence limiting Iran's options even further to get out of these devastating sanctions.

The Iranian economy is spiralling down to sh*t and Iran is losing out of options fast.
Well that golden trigger have its use and then its useless IMF forecast positive economic growth for Iran from 2020 onward.

We just need to weather out 2019
 
Sounds more like fabricated or embellished response to DJT's recent tweets about calling off the attacks, to be honest.

Based on? If they locked onto a drone then locking onto a plane (much bigger electronic and heat signature and radar cross-section) is not far-fetched.

Fake news? How did they know there were 35 people on board?

They Googled it.

US is looking for reasons to attack Iran but Iran is not giving them a reason

The US can create reasons through false flag attacks backed by its propaganda machine.
 
Iran wouldn't dare start out by shooting down a plane with 35 US soldiers. That would mean total war. Of course they are playing out of Trump's playbook by talking about how they "could of" shot it down.

Either way, I think Trump boxed himself into a corner that he didn't think he would be in. He thought Iran would just roll over and start negotiating unfavorable terms and then he could come out with a victory saying he negotiated a far better deal than Obama did. Now, I think he's sweating and afraid that he'll be pulled into a war.

In short, Trump is a fucking dumbass with no foresight or wisdom. That much is clear.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)


Back
Top Bottom