What's new

India test fires nuclear capable missiles

SADA GEO PAK

New Recruit

Reaction score
NEW DELHI: India successfully used a medium-range nuclear-capable Prithvi II missile to intercept another missile in an air defense test Monday off the country's east coast, officialsand media reports said.

After the first ``attacker missile'' was launched, a second ``defender'' missile was sent up a minute later and successfully intercepted and downed the incoming missile, officials involved in the test said, speaking on condition of anonymity because of the classified nature of the tests.

hmm lets discuss this i think there technology has one more step now our turn because we are always defensive :GUNS:

Yeh Pak Watan hai Ghar Apna, Hum is ko Sawarien gaye, Mushkilon mein La-ilaha pukaraien gaye.:flag: :tup:

But Rahul Bedi of Jane's Defence Weekly said India is still a very long way from developing an effective missile interception system.

"It's not easy, India is light years away from developing anything like the American Patriot missile defence system which is designed to detect and destroy incoming missiles," he told the BBC. (India tests missile interceptor):army:

But Rahul Bedi of Jane's Defence Weekly said India is still a very long way from developing an effective missile interception system.

"It's not easy, India is light years away from developing anything like the American Patriot missile defence system which is designed to detect and destroy incoming missiles," he told the BBC. (India tests missile interceptor):army:

Here is what Robin huges the deputy editor of Janes Defense Weekly says

"The technology is hard and you have to be working for years," said Robin Hughes, the deputy editor of Janes Defense Weekly. "If they have done that in the first test, it is an exceptional advance in technology."

Houston Chronicle- India carries out anti-missile test (non Indian media)
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...d/4361906.html

Here is what Robin huges the deputy editor of Janes Defense Weekly says

"The technology is hard and you have to be working for years," said Robin Hughes, the deputy editor of Janes Defense Weekly. "If they have done that in the first test, it is an exceptional advance in technology."

Houston Chronicle- India carries out anti-missile test (non Indian media)
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...d/4361906.html

It’s amazing how two different people can read the same passage so differently. At least the Robin huges’ sarcastic tone wasn’t lost on me. He said, "The technology is hard and you have to be working for years," said Robin Hughes, the deputy editor of Janes Defense Weekly. "If they have done that in the first test, it is an exceptional advance in technology."

The US is still struggling beyond Theater High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) system, but I guess India must have developed successive phenomenally-advanced and highly-secret technologies based on bullock technology to flawlessly utilize it in the first test. If you ask me, India shouldn’t be conducting stupid tests, as bullock technology virtually guarantees success. :lol:

I have a question? How accurate is Patriot missile system and if so why were American's scared as hell in July when N.Korea was to test it's missile's?:lol:

I have a question? How accurate is Patriot missile system and if so why were American's scared as hell in July when N.Korea was to test it's missile's?:lol:

Earlier versions were known to have about 20% success rate. But PAC-3s are known to have much better accuracy. Beside, Patriot missile system cant be fielded against MRBMs or ICBMs, which NK may field one day against the US.

You believed that Indian ,right??? :lol:

if the world is seen through SOME-ONE's eyes here then:

" India is worse than the worst country on the planet its like another sudan or summat. Technology is a new word for us.
We beg from others to live and our nuclear power plants are just waiting for terrorists to come and take the bombs. Meanwhile, they are also 'leaking' radio active energy from the floor of the plant, as the tiles used are old and cracked.

Pakistan is on the verge of becomming a 'super-power', because they have the friendship and help of the super-duper, hot-shot unbeatably brilliant Chinese!

And it is on Pakistan' s sole pitty that we survive, because the day they get mad at us they will all come and destroy India with their super army and chinese counterpart of F-22wielding airforce.

Also also, the US is a sole agreesor of the world and throws pitiance at India for it to survive while trying to create trouble for Pakistan!"

Sorry dude, but along with others i too could not see teh sarcasm in that line, i read the whole article. The anslyst is nothing but cautiously comlimentary and says that there might be an exceptional advance in technology, but it has to be seen further. But ofcourse, i would be very very definitely wrong.

if the world is seen through SOME-ONE's eyes here then:

" India is worse than the worst country on the planet its like another sudan or summat. Technology is a new word for us.
We beg from others to live and our nuclear power plants are just waiting for terrorists to come and take the bombs. Meanwhile, they are also 'leaking' radio active energy from the floor of the plant, as the tiles used are old and cracked.

Pakistan is on the verge of becomming a 'super-power', because they have the friendship and help of the super-duper, hot-shot unbeatably brilliant Chinese!

And it is on Pakistan' s sole pitty that we survive, because the day they get mad at us they will all come and destroy India with their super army and chinese counterpart of F-22wielding airforce.

Also also, the US is a sole agreesor of the world and throws pitiance at India for it to survive while trying to create trouble for Pakistan!"

Sorry dude, but along with others i too could not see teh sarcasm in that line, i read the whole article. The anslyst is nothing but cautiously comlimentary and says that there might be an exceptional advance in technology, but it has to be seen further. But ofcourse, i would be very very definitely wrong.

What's with the boring monolog?:stupid:

What's the phrase you love to use? Oh yea, 'inferiority complex at its best....':rolleyes1:

Now how did Pakistan get into this fray?

The sarcasm comes from the improbability of India acquiring a capability which gives it success with the first attempt. The US efforts with THAAD which started in 1987 yielded the first success just recently in July of this year. For Indians to have achieved something like this now and it becoming operational quickly is not grounded in complete reality.

PAC-3 is reported to have 70% killrate, much better than earlier versions.

If you imagine a professional like Robin Huges was so irresponsible to pass compliments without knowing the parameters of the test then the joke is on you.

The US spent billions upon billions, spent 26 years on R&D and its still struggling to establish a viable and successful missile defense system. But then what does stupid Americans know. They should let the DRDO (also known as DODO) build a layered MDS for them. After all, who can overlook DODO’s exemplary successes like LCA, Arjun, and Trishul?:lol1:

If you imagine a professional like Robin Huges was so irresponsible to pass compliments without knowing the parameters of the test then the joke is on you.

The US spent billions upon billions, spent 26 years on R&D and its still struggling to establish a viable and successful missile defense system. But then what does stupid Americans know. They should let the DRDO (also known as DODO) build a layered MDS for them. After all, who can overlook DODO’s exemplary successes like LCA, Arjun, and Trishul?:lol1:

Just because the US was not succesful does not mean that others wont be too. It maybe that the parameters set for this particular type of test were satisfied and tehre are more parameters which MAY fail. This PARTICULAR test was succesful. The article is cautiously complimentary, on that there is no doubt. Just because the US failed, does not mean we should not try it and that we would defo fail if we did.
Infact why am i arguing with you, for you every Indian test is a failure, especially including ARJUN, which has been called a success by a variety of experts, but surely compared to you, they are wrong!

Just because the US was not succesful does not mean that others wont be too. It maybe that the parameters set for this particular type of test were satisfied and tehre are more parameters which MAY fail. This PARTICULAR test was succesful. The article is cautiously complimentary, on that there is no doubt. Just because the US failed, does not mean we should not try it and that we would defo fail if we did.

What do stupid Americans know? Just because over half of world's R&D work is done here and we were also leading R&D decades before when all the Indians knew was how to milk their cows twice a day, doesn't mean we lead in the technological breakthroughs, right? We should beg the DRDO (also known as DODO) to build a layered MDS for us. After all, who can overlook DODO’s exemplary successes like LCA, Arjun, and Trishul? And everyone knows the legendry Indian bullock R&D and its technological breakthroughs are light years ahead of rest of the world. Also please don’t think 700 million Indians who live on less than $2/day are dirt poor. They are actually highly educated and trained researchers and engineers who sleep on roadsides, under the bridges, and in shanty towns to fool the world, because they don’t want anyone to stumble on their advanced defense research.

Forget missile defense system, for now merely providing clean drinking water and latrines to these 700 million dirt poor Indians will be nothing short of miracle.

Infact why am i arguing with you, for you every Indian test is a failure, especially including ARJUN, which has been called a success by a variety of experts, but surely compared to you, they are wrong!

Who knows... Maybe you could solve the mystery for us too. ;)

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom