What's new

Historical evidences for engagement of Islamic scholars by the government after Pakistan was founded and while Jinnah was alive

just another claim like the one that JUI ones were insignificant with nothing to back it up.

For starters:

@M. Sarmad

Here comes the raving lunatic again. I don't know, does Pakistan not have asylums for these poor unfortunates?

I suspect he is feigning ignorance, pretending to be more stupid than he actually is, probably a duplicate id of one of the usual suspects

I have written to Ayesha Jalal, Dr. Ayesha Siddiqa, and Ishtiaq Lahori regarding this letter. So far, only Ayesha Jalal has responded. I will post further details if and when the other two respond.

@Joe Shearer

Dear Mr Sarmad,

.............. Another person worth approach is Yasser Latin Hamdani who has authored two books on Jinnah and is very knowledgeable.

Best wishes,

Ayesha Jalal

wikipedia, really? and you were questioning other sources? the starting paragraph cites a canadian who "felt" that it constitutes the majority. and if it was indeed the majority, the ML should have lost yet again.

lets look at it from the lens of current situation: take tlp, sunni tehreek, jup, jui-s, an ahle hadith party and combine them. will they be able to challenge current jui in its area or match its influence?

@M. Sarmad

Here comes the raving lunatic again. I don't know, does Pakistan not have asylums for these poor unfortunates?
says an ignorant hypocrite. who has demonstrated his ignorance through his posts. called others' claims rubbish. claimed other sources as laater day fabrications. but God forbid that someone responds in kind, and the true face of hyporcite liberals is seen. a liar calling others fabricators. lol.

you started it, i responded. now feel free to go cry as much as you want.

Last edited:
@Joe Shearer

Dear Mr Sarmad,

.............. Another person worth approach is Yasser Latin Hamdani who has authored two books on Jinnah and is very knowledgeable.

Best wishes,

Ayesha Jalal
This is as vindicatory as vindication gets.

Are you in touch with YLH? If not, it can be arranged at very short notice.

In the context of the 1946 elections, Cunningham, the then governor of NWFP, documented the reasons behind the Muslim League's defeat against the Congress in those elections in his diary, and his diary is being quoted here
then what changed? why did they vote in favor of pakistan?

This is as vindicatory as vindication gets.

Are you in touch with YLH? If not, it can be arranged at very short notice.

Indeed, it is

And no, I am not in contact with YLH, but I would be very interested in seeing his detailed take on the matter of this purported letter.

then what changed? why did they vote in favor of pakistan?

..... After applying the existing models of electoral politics it seemed that three approaches, that is, the Michigan Approach, the Columbia School and the Downsian Theory, that is, the ‘Rational Choice Theory’, had a significant impact on electoral politics during the 1946 elections and the referendum in 1947

Indeed, it is

And no, I am not in contact with YLH, but I would be very interested in seeing his detailed take on the matter of this purported letter.
@SoulSpokesman

Please oblige. An introduction would be most obliging. Sarmad Sahib may share an e-mail id with you on request. Thanks in advance.

In the context of the 1946 elections, Cunningham, the then governor of NWFP, documented the reasons behind the Muslim League's defeat against the Congress in those elections in his diary, and his diary is being quoted here

The quoted statement does not fit with the rest of assertion that religion played no role.

Pakistan was created for a Safe governance and place where Muslim Human Rights will be valued for years to come , a entirely Civilian effort from then British Raj

The role of Military was to be that was serving the people of Pakistan , as protectors not rulers

It was well defined that rights of Minorities would be protected in Pakistan those who would remain in Pakistan post partition

A constitution would be setup which , protects the main objective of Protecting Human Rights / and Muslim Rights with a balance.

• There was no concept of rewarding families like JUI-F
  • There was no concept of rewarding PPP families in Sindh
  • There was no concept of rewarding Other Land owners with no Tax
  • 80's General Zia brokered a deal , to empower religious bodies in return for acceptance as a Leader , this did not necessarily mean better Human Rights or Muslim Human Rights in general

• Constitution was intentionally delayed , and Taxation reforms were delayed on Agricultural Land due to pressure groups post partition
  • The British Raj force and practices were allowed to run deep in Pakistani Military for good 6-7 years , after which they became accepted practice even after partition , the ideology of Military is above Civilian

Post 1971 , the constitution that came , eventually , is regarded as a "incomplete" and handicap constitution , which again and again was not implemented by Military - Because Pakistani Army have not let go of their British Raj association , and the Pride of being Ruler

There training , creates this "Bridge" in their mind which states Military Men is above an average civilian , higher ground , higher stature , higher Humanity level , same mentality carried over from British Raj era when the force was used to control over population by brute force

Last edited:
The tragedy of this country is that those who hated its founder and the spirit of the nation became its ideological custodations and those who had whole heartedly thrown their lot in with Jinnah are discarded and reguarly chagrined as traitors.

There's a whole narrative that's been constructed over decades about how Jinnah was working with some eminent ulamas to formulate an "Islamic" government and that his untimely death allowed it all to go to waste. But unfortunately for those who push this conspiracy, there is little to no evidence of such a thing happening.

Even the premise of this thread is based on heresay and/or ignorance, no existence of any letter as mentioned in the OP, to even think that Jinnah would be requesting members of an organisation like the Ikhwan for help in formulating state policy is ridiculous when one actually studies the life and thought process of Jinnah. He formulated no committee of Pakistani or non Pakistani ulamas to help him formulate state policy.

The assertion that Zafrullah Khan had no role in the "constitution process in 1948" is another outrageous lie, probably in an attempt to distract from the fact that Zafrullah Khan passionately defended the Objectives Resolution against criticism and then served as head of the committe formed for providing future recommendations on the consituition.

I will request a copy of the mentioned document myself and see its contents.

In the 1946 elections, the mullahs aligned with the Congress party in the NWFP, and Congress gained an absolute majority. However, just one year later in 1947, over 99% of KP's population voted to join Pakistan in a referendum, despite the majority mullahs' alignment with Congress and their call for a boycott (though turnout remained low). The influence of mullahs was not as significant as it is often portrayed. Religion was not the primary factor behind the voting patterns at that time. If you want more details about the KP political dynamics during that time, read Cunningham. He observed an interesting phenomenon where, besides factors such as Taburwali, even a single sheep slaughter could influence around ten votes. The alleged role of mullahs in persuading KP to join Pakistan is an exaggeration and a later-day fabrication.
Who asserted that religion played no role?

Hazrat iqra your own post

Back
Top Bottom