What's new

Greek/Hellenic Armed Forces Thread - Pictures, News Articles and Discussions on all Greek/Hellenic Military Affairs.

Turkiye TCG Gökçeada (F-494) vs Greece HS Elli (F-450)

TCG Gökçeada (F-494) .. Turkiye

-- 36 x SM-1 SAMs
-- 8 x HARPOON anti-ship Missiles
-- 1 x PHALANX CIWS
-- 6 x MK-46 Torpedos

HS Elli (F-450) .. Greece

-- 8 x RIM-7P SAMs
-- 8 x HARPOON anti-ship Missiles
-- 2 x PHALANX CIWS
-- 4 x MK-46 Torpedos

1692166757080.jpeg

I forget why I posed the question, lol. Old age, my friend. Sucks as eye sight (which used to be tip top and never needed glassed or contacts) now starting to have difficulty reading up close. And short term memory is starting to deteriorate loool.

Anyway, I think it was the rarity of seeing a non-American made missile hanging on a US-built aircraft. Obviously, you see the AIM family for the most part, but then to see a German/European missile makes it a rare and interesting upgrade.

For the Hellenic AF, they must've taken into account the availability of the missile and the commonality factor with their other platforms (data links & guidance) to have that missile be interchangeable.

Not sure what other platforms in the HAF fire the IRIS-T missiles, the Mirage 2Ks? What about the MICAs? I checked Wikipedia but it was hard to tell. As far as I could see, it goes like this:

AIM-120: Vipers, F-35s
AIM-9/M/L/X: Vipers, F-35
IRIS-T: Vipers, Mirage 2Ks?
MICAs: Rafales, Mirage 2Ks

I forget why I posed the question, lol. Old age, my friend. Sucks as eye sight (which used to be tip top and never needed glassed or contacts) now starting to have difficulty reading up close. And short term memory is starting to deteriorate loool.

Anyway, I think it was the rarity of seeing a non-American made missile hanging on a US-built aircraft. Obviously, you see the AIM family for the most part, but then to see a German/European missile makes it a rare and interesting upgrade.

For the Hellenic AF, they must've taken into account the availability of the missile and the commonality factor with their other platforms (data links & guidance) to have that missile be interchangeable.

Not sure what other platforms in the HAF fire the IRIS-T missiles, the Mirage 2Ks? What about the MICAs? I checked Wikipedia but it was hard to tell. As far as I could see, it goes like this:

AIM-120: Vipers, F-35s
AIM-9/M/L/X: Vipers, F-35
IRIS-T: Vipers, Mirage 2Ks?
MICAs: Rafales, Mirage 2Ks
Old Mirage 2000 have been seen with AIM9, but i don't remeber from what country (Peru ?)
New Mirage 2000 only carry Magic 2 (Taiwan) and MICA EM / IR

For IRIS T, Spain and Germany are the bigger customers, followed by Greece.

New Mirage 2000 only carry Magic 2 (Taiwan) and MICA EM / IR
Yep. That's one of the pluses for the compatibility between those 2Ks and their Rafales. The HAF 2000s also carry the SCALP EG.

For IRIS T, Spain and Germany are the bigger customers, followed by Greece.

Ah yes, forgot about Spain. I wonder if they made them interchangeable with their Harriers and Typhoons. I'm sure they did with the EFTs which means that the RAF probably also uses the IRIS-T on their EFTs. Saudi Arabia, Kuwait & Qatar.

1692279558581.png

1692279824894.png

Greece is finally getting SPICE and Rampage.

pros-simbasiopoisi-6-1920x1358.jpg

Greece is finally getting SPICE and Rampage.

View attachment 948204
What is Rampage ?

Spice is the israeli glide bomb, isn't it?

No need.
Turkish people is going poorer and poorer thanks to Erdogan politic.
Third of popultaion is living under the poverty lineand 2 milion children forced to work.
Turkey is going to bankrupt...

No need.
Turkish people is going poorer and poorer thanks to Erdogan politic.
Third of popultaion is living under the poverty lineand 2 milion children forced to work.
Turkey is going to bankrupt...

Mangent rien du matin ou soir? Mais ils ont S-400 et Siper!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom