What's new

Go soft on Hindu extremists Prosecutor told by Modi Sarkar

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2010
22,931
45
29,058
Country
Pakistan
Location
Pakistan
Prosecutor says she was told to go soft on Hindu extremists
THE NEWSPAPER'S CORRESPONDENT
558cd61ab6f61.jpg

Prosecutor in right-wing Hindu terror cases, including Samjhauta Express blasts said NIA official "came and said to me there is a message that I should go soft." ─ Reuters/File
NEW DELHI: The public prosecutor in right-wing Hindu terror cases, including the Samjhauta Express blasts, has accused the Modi government of asking her to go soft on the accused, the Indian Express reported on Thursday.

“Since this new government came, I have been told to go soft on accused (Hindu extremists),” Maharashtra state’s Special Public Prosecutor Rohini Salian said in an interview.

Ms Salian said she wanted the federal investigating body for terrorist cases (NIA) to officially denotify her from the case to which she was appointed in 2008, “so that I am free to take up other cases, against the NIA, if need be”.

Soon after the Modi government came to power last year, she said, she got a call from one of the officers of the NIA — the agency investigating all the alleged Hindu extremist cases — asking to come over to speak with her. “He didn’t want to talk over the phone. He came and said to me that there is a message that I should go soft,” Salian told the paper.

The NIA issued a statement on Thursday denying Ms Salian’s charges. The apex anti-terror body said Ms Salian was due to finish her tenure in August, and no pressure was applied on her to influence the cases.

Ms Salian said matters came to a head this month, on June 12, when just before one of the regular hearings in the case in the Sessions Court, she was told by the same NIA officer that “higher-ups” did not want her to appear in the court for the State of Maharashtra and that another advocate would attend the proceedings.

Published in Dawn, June 26th, 2015
 
Prosecutor says she was told to go soft on Hindu extremists
THE NEWSPAPER'S CORRESPONDENT
558cd61ab6f61.jpg

Prosecutor in right-wing Hindu terror cases, including Samjhauta Express blasts said NIA official "came and said to me there is a message that I should go soft." ─ Reuters/File
NEW DELHI: The public prosecutor in right-wing Hindu terror cases, including the Samjhauta Express blasts, has accused the Modi government of asking her to go soft on the accused, the Indian Express reported on Thursday.

“Since this new government came, I have been told to go soft on accused (Hindu extremists),” Maharashtra state’s Special Public Prosecutor Rohini Salian said in an interview.

Ms Salian said she wanted the federal investigating body for terrorist cases (NIA) to officially denotify her from the case to which she was appointed in 2008, “so that I am free to take up other cases, against the NIA, if need be”.

Soon after the Modi government came to power last year, she said, she got a call from one of the officers of the NIA — the agency investigating all the alleged Hindu extremist cases — asking to come over to speak with her. “He didn’t want to talk over the phone. He came and said to me that there is a message that I should go soft,” Salian told the paper.

The NIA issued a statement on Thursday denying Ms Salian’s charges. The apex anti-terror body said Ms Salian was due to finish her tenure in August, and no pressure was applied on her to influence the cases.

Ms Salian said matters came to a head this month, on June 12, when just before one of the regular hearings in the case in the Sessions Court, she was told by the same NIA officer that “higher-ups” did not want her to appear in the court for the State of Maharashtra and that another advocate would attend the proceedings.

Published in Dawn, June 26th, 2015

Cases wer fake and charges were dropped in congress government itself. During a long period of about 8 years, intelligent agencies could not produced even a piece of a credible evidence. What they made were the cheap stories such as asimanand planned the attack in coloration with Pakistani intelligence agency. This BS is going to scrapped either today or tomorrow. It is a surprise that how court kept them in custody for a so long time?
 
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)


Back
Top Bottom