What's new

French police question eight-year-old over terrorism comments

metronome

BANNED
Nov 9, 2014
617
-5
607
Country
India
Location
India
Child expresses ‘radical ideas’ and ‘solidarity’ with Hebdo gunmen after refusing to take part in minute’s silence in honour of victims

Gunmen-fleeing-the-Charli-010.jpg

The boy’s lawyer wrote that the child said: 'I am with the terrorists', but later said he didn't know what the word 'terrorism' meant. Photograph: Reuters Tv/Reuters

An eight-year-old boy in France was questioned by police for half an hour Wednesday after he allegedly made comments in school in praise of terrorists, police said.

The child triggered concern when he refused to take part in a minute’s silence at his school in the southern city of Nice after Islamist gunmen shot dead 12 people at the Paris offices of the satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo on 7 January, according to Marcel Authier, in charge of the region’s public security.

The boy’s teacher said the child also expressed “solidarity” with the gunmen.

“In the current context, the principal of the school decided to report to police what had happened,” said Authier, who stressed no complaint had been filed against the boy.

“We summoned the child and his father to try and comprehend how an eight-year-old boy could hold such radical ideas,” he added.

“Obviously, the child doesn’t understand what he’s saying.”

The boy’s lawyer Sefen Guez Guez was not immediately available for comment but on his Twitter feed (@IbnSalah) he wrote that the child admitted to police saying the words: “I am with the terrorists.”

Yet when police asked what the word “terrorism” meant, he replied: “I don’t know”, according to the tweet.

“Father and son are deeply shocked by their treatment which illustrates the collective hysteria that has engulfed France since early January,” said the Collective Against Islamophobia in France (CCIF) in a statement.

The Charlie Hebdo murders kicked off three days of Islamist attacks in Paris that left 17 people dead and traumatised the country.

French police question eight-year-old over terrorism comments | World news | The Guardian
 
Atheist extremism. No child should be forced to take part in politically motivated events at school.
Kids go school for study,not for candle light vigils or standing silent for something they dont even understand.

Since he is a kid, his family is responsible for his radicalization......
If a 10 yr old kid can become a suicide bomber then anything can happen......
10-Year-Old Suicide Bomber Kills 10 in Nigeria: Red Cross
The french authority should take no chances.....lock the kid and his family up immediately.......and make sure that they don't get out in their lifetime..
Likewise American jails are full of actual children who murdered,but their families are stll free. How dangerous
 
Atheist extremism. No child should be forced to take part in politically motivated events at school.
Kids go school for study,not for candle light vigils or standing silent for something they dont even understand.
It was a national tragedy for France, I wonder how you would have reacted if some kid not only refused to partake in remembering Peshwar attack victims but showed solidarity with TTP guys?
 
Atheist extremism. No child should be forced to take part in politically motivated events at school.
Kids go school for study,not for candle light vigils or standing silent for something they dont even understand.


Likewise American jails are full of actual children who murdered,but their families are stll free. How dangerous

Remembering the victims of terrorism is "atheist extremism" now ?!


What do you call madrassas and other religious education institutions then??
 
Child expresses ‘radical ideas’ and ‘solidarity’ with Hebdo gunmen after refusing to take part in minute’s silence in honour of victims

Gunmen-fleeing-the-Charli-010.jpg

The boy’s lawyer wrote that the child said: 'I am with the terrorists', but later said he didn't know what the word 'terrorism' meant. Photograph: Reuters Tv/Reuters

An eight-year-old boy in France was questioned by police for half an hour Wednesday after he allegedly made comments in school in praise of terrorists, police said.

The child triggered concern when he refused to take part in a minute’s silence at his school in the southern city of Nice after Islamist gunmen shot dead 12 people at the Paris offices of the satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo on 7 January, according to Marcel Authier, in charge of the region’s public security.

The boy’s teacher said the child also expressed “solidarity” with the gunmen.

“In the current context, the principal of the school decided to report to police what had happened,” said Authier, who stressed no complaint had been filed against the boy.

“We summoned the child and his father to try and comprehend how an eight-year-old boy could hold such radical ideas,” he added.

“Obviously, the child doesn’t understand what he’s saying.”

The boy’s lawyer Sefen Guez Guez was not immediately available for comment but on his Twitter feed (@IbnSalah) he wrote that the child admitted to police saying the words: “I am with the terrorists.”

Yet when police asked what the word “terrorism” meant, he replied: “I don’t know”, according to the tweet.

“Father and son are deeply shocked by their treatment which illustrates the collective hysteria that has engulfed France since early January,” said the Collective Against Islamophobia in France (CCIF) in a statement.

The Charlie Hebdo murders kicked off three days of Islamist attacks in Paris that left 17 people dead and traumatised the country.

French police question eight-year-old over terrorism comments | World news | The Guardian
A jihadi waiting-in-the-wings.

Syed Ali Shah Geelani praises militants who killed Colonel MN Rai | Page 15
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)


Back
Top Bottom