What's new

FOURTH GENERATION TYPE-99KM TANK EXPOSURE

:lol::lol: I don't think I would trust that to stop a APDS round from a 110mm rheinmetall smoothbore.

And maybe... He might be talking about some ceramic materials that I'm not familiar with, but those are a whole different kettle of fish.

Aluminum (III) oxide (transparent alumina) is a new type of armor. It is used in many more military applications (such as interceptor missiles).

In a test, the armor survived 9 hits from a T-72 without any damage.

Currently, the actual armor composition of the Type-99/ZTZ-99 remains unknown. There are public photos of experimental Chinese composite armors, specifically Al2O3 under test. The armor didn't sustain any significant damage after being shot by a T-72C 125 mm armament seven times or a 105 mm armament nine times in a range of 1,800 meters, while rounds that are used in the test are unknown. The tank's front armor protection is claimed to be equivalent to 1,000~1,200 mm of steel armor, possibly against shaped charge warheads. Also, there are significant differences between the armor packages displayed on the current Type 99s and earlier 99 models seen in 1999.

Aluminum (III) oxide (transparent alumina) is a new type of armor. It is used in many more military applications (such as interceptor missiles).

In a test, the armor survived 9 hits from a T-72 without any damage.

You're going to have to explain it to me in scientific terms if you want to convince me this is a new type of armour. Cut and paste won't do it, for this annoying skeptic.

You're going to have to explain it to me in scientific terms if you want to convince me this is a new type of armour. Cut and paste won't do it, for this annoying skeptic.

Ok, buddy. There's not much info on this armor except the test results. I don't know the manufacturing process, I don't know where on the tank it's been put on, I don't know if the armor's heavy.

But I do know that it's put on the Type 99G and later variants. And I do know that it resisted 9 hits from a T-72 without sustaining any damage.

I already gave you what I copied from the report. If you don't believe it, no one is asking you to do so.

If you're asking about chemistry, then 4Al + 3O2 --> 2Al2O3

READ THIS REPORT: http://science.howstuffworks.com/transparent-aluminum-armor.htm/printable

IS this the one?

65zfd2.jpg

Already have 99A2 which pwns every tank that threatens China

No need for overkill.

r1ynnl.jpg

Type99A2 is indeed a formidable machine , according to some sources Al-Khalid II would be exact same configuration or a little more advanced than T-99A2.

It also indicates that , Pakistan and China might be developing another advance variant for Pakistan Army.

Type99A2 is indeed a formidable machine , according to some sources Al-Khalid II would be exact same configuration or a little more advanced than T-99A2.

It also indicates that , Pakistan and China might be developing another advance variant for Pakistan Army.

Doubtful AK2 will be as advanced as type 99A2. Baseline 99s cost around 2.5 million dollars and newest versions are likely twice that. Pakistan has no requirement for such a kind of tank or the money to purchase. Money is better spent on aircraft.

Doubtful AK2 will be as advanced as type 99A2. Baseline 99s cost around 2.5 million dollars and newest versions are likely twice that. Pakistan has no requirement for such a kind of tank or the money to purchase. Money is better spent on aircraft.

Air crafts are no substitute to tanks and according to some reports the AK-II Config is closer to T99A2 which made me say what i said.
I do understand your point about the price but when technology becomes a requirement for defense , the money doesn't matter.

It will take over a decade to field such vehicle and it gives plenty of time for managing finances.

Air crafts are no substitute to tanks and according to some reports the AK-II Config is closer to T99A2 which made me say what i said.
I do understand your point about the price but when technology becomes a requirement for defense , the money doesn't matter.

It will take over a decade to field such vehicle and it gives plenty of time for managing finances.

Vehicle is already available for years now. Only problem is financing. Pakistan does not have the budget to buy 5 million dollar tanks and neither does China as of now.

Vehicle is already available for years now. Only problem is financing. Pakistan does not have the budget to buy 5 million dollar tanks and neither does China as of now.

This is where planning comes in , hopefully both countries can come up with better financing and low cost production solution to cut costs where possible that our armies could field desired numbers of vehicles in required period of time.

Leopard2E costs around 5million a piece but it creates a logistical nightmare for operators , China and Pakistan should follow the opposite approach by dividing costs over the period of times where they become affordable & accessible.

Having multiple production lines in China and Pakistan can make sure that after Pakistan becomes the launch customer , exports market can also be served & spare parts and servicing is made available.

Exports are important as the revenue generated from it can be put back into the program which makes it easier. I understand the total economical situation in Pakistan and China but we live in a volatile region and have to compete - we aren't left with much options are we?

Already have 99A2 which pwns every tank that threatens China

No need for overkill.

r1ynnl.jpg

No longer overkill when the US is developing the M1A3 and Germany is developing the Leopard 2A7

Norinco will build first batch of 200 Type 99KM

No longer overkill when the US is developing the M1A3 and Germany is developing the Leopard 2A7

Norinco will build first batch of 200 Type 99KM

Overkill for any surrounding country yes.

If M1A3s and 2A7s get on Chinese soil, then we have bigger problems.

Overkill for any surrounding country yes.

If M1A3s and 2A7s get on Chinese soil, then we have bigger problems.

Sure, but if we are going to compete on the international stage, the Type 99KM is necessary

Back
Top Bottom