What's new

Former CJP wants a new military coup

Why has the CJ not given a rebuttal?

Salim. i dont think he is free still to make any statement.

Jana.
My only contention is that we are all too free to blame a man who is kept behind Bars and not allowed to defend himself. I would be the first one to critisize him if he were to say the same thing himself. What we are all forgetting is that all that he did was within the framework of the law. Not one of his critics have come out to say that he stepped outside the boundaries of the Law of the land. There have been various accusations about him setting people free. Pakistan has a long tradition of people disappearing without a trace, allegedly taken in by the security agencies and never to be found. Irrespective of whys and hows of it there is no law that allows any agency to carry out such a travesty without making a case against a person. is it his fault that the agencies are hopeless and dont bother to formulate a case but accuse, and torture a conviction out of any soul that they care to lay their eyes on.
Secondly vis a Vis CJP and Musharraf, you have to accept that by continuing on Musharraf has actually broken the law. People level all sorts of accusations against the man but why do you not see that rightly or wrongly, he was just doing his job in the best possible manner. even when he took Suo Motto notices, it is within his remit to do so.
i am quite happy for someone with more knowledge of law to explain to me why he was wrong. Instead all that i have heard was how he was going to destabilize the system__ By doing his job honestly!!!! If something is wrong it is wrong and the person perpetrating it is worng even if he be the President of Pakistan. Otherwise why are we so blatantly blaming Justice Munir for all the ills of this society for siding up with Iskandar Mirza.
I hope you can all see what I am trying to bring to your attention which perhaps has been forgotten in the debate about this whole saga
Regards and a happy new year to you all.
Araz

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom