What's new

Chinese Military's Biggest Hits in 2013, and 2014 Prospects

Akasa

Reaction score
Country
Canada
To summarize up what the Chinese military industries achieved in 2013:

1. JH-7B: upgraded JH-7A with new avionics, retractable in flight refueling probe, upgraded engine, and provisions for the YJ-12 AShM

2. ABM test: interception of a ballistic missile outside of the Earth's atmosphere, second country after the US to perform an exoatmospheric missile interception

3. UCAV: stealthy flying wing UCAV was test flown

4. Z-20: transport helicopter maiden flight, similar to the Black Hawk but also incorporates other helicopter design concepts

5. J-10C: supposedly an upgraded variant of the J-10, featuring twin seats, conformal fuel tanks, upgraded avionics that are air to ground enhanced, upgraded engine, etc, flew recently

6. Test of high speed torpedo: new torpedo supposedly meant to replace the Yu-6 was tested

7. Appearance of a new test drone: new target drone was developed

8. Type 039B Block II submarine: new submarine with modified sail, modified hump, and upgraded hull was seen launched

9. Type 093B submarine: new nuclear attack submarine with modified hump and different body was seen at Bohai

10. JL-2A: testing of a new JL-2A missile, with 12000 km range and 3-4 MIRV warheads

11. Beginning of the construction of a Type 001A aircraft carrier: a larger ship, based on the CV-16 but with more displacement and a larger aircraft complement, has started construction

New possible appearances for 2014:

1. J-11D: stealthy upgraded variant of the J-11 featuring a new radar as well as other upgrades and airframe enhancements

2. J-18: strike aircraft which will be based on the J-16

3. J-15B: upgraded aircraft

4. Type 055: cruiser with 12000 ton displacement

5. Type 096 submarine: new SSBN to be launched

6. Type 054B: successor to the Jiangkai-II

7. Type 039C: new SSK

8. New missiles will be shown

Type 001A CV

Type 071A LPD

Type 072A landing ship

Type 901 supply ship

the list will be overly long if all enumerated

Type 039C is canceled almost for sure.
We need offshore submarine now, for deep sea submarine, only new nuclear submarine to be design.

This is no longer a myth:

161516br6x7zr1yymur1y9.jpg.thumb.jpg

:tup:

Is Number 11 in the initial post definitely confirmed?

as confirmed as it's going to be, is it going to be next year? I have my doubts either way, but it is happening as surely as the Indian carrier is.

@cirr

So stealth bomber will be unveiled? cool, but will it go into production before or after the other fifth gen fighters? That can't be the official design could it? Looks cool, but also fake.

What I'm interested in is, what's the deal on ZH-05, and the new helmet and uniform as well as other equipments on show? To me future soldier is the most important at this point in time. Infantries always has the most casualties and we need to reduce that number, if we are to go to war, not with Japan, but other third world, we need to make sure we don't lose more men than Americans did in Desert storm, or else it's operation failure.

ufb4zvjs.jpg

26_1129_53abe719c48b32f-1.jpg

The infantry is our ticket to be first rate military. We must distinguish ourselves to make sure the other powers, or non powers are no where close to our single soldier effectiveness.

improvements to the basics first, don't neglect the basics, improve GPS, communication, and stuff like that.

Y-20s, Z-20s, these things are very important to keep our troops moving fast, and effectively, and keeps them supplied even in rough terrain.

Don't be like India, flying Rafale fighters with no effective artillery and infantry that still rocking 1980s gear. Even if air superiority is achieved, the would still be in danger from SAM systems without an infantry.

I'm less concerned with new J-11Cs, and J-10bs, because I think the J-20s and J-31s will handle the bulk of our missions in the future. Even the most advanced fourth gen is still just that fourth gen.

As to ships, I don't mind waiting a bit more and test a few more things, develop some new doctrines, select a fifth gen carrier based fighter and UCAV.

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom