What's new

CCS nod to Rs 1,000 cr deal for procuring Barak missiles from Israel

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
9,318
-28
11,634
Country
India
Location
India
Government is understood to have cleared a deal expected to be worth over Rs 1,000 crore for procuring Barak missiles from Israel whose acquisition was pending for over last five years in view of a CBI probe.

The Cabinet Committee on Security is understood to have cleared the deal for procuring the Israeli air defence missiles which would be deployed on Navy's aircraft carriers that are sans air defence missile systems to target an incoming enemy aircraft or missile, sources said here.

The missiles are to be put on board aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya and INS Virat -- Navy's two operational warships which have been without air defence cover.

The procurement case was finalised by Defence Ministry after the Attorney General gave an opinion in favour of procuring the missiles as their acquisition was put on hold in view of a CBI probe into charges of corruption in the deal.

The Navy had made a strong case for the 9-km range air defence missile and had told the ministry that it was left with only around 150 of these weapons.

The new government has moved fast on acquisitions for the armed forces and the Navy has received special attention from it as one of the first few meetings of the CCS cleared provision of additional funds for the completion of construction of the Indigenous Aircraft Carrier for the maritime force.

CCS nod to Rs 1,000 cr deal for procuring Barak missiles | Business Standard News
 
Somebody keeps saying there is No difference between the NDA and UPA :D

Defence ministry finally clears Barak missile deal with Israel

New Delhi, December 23, 2013


Defence Ministry on Monday cleared procurement proposals worth over Rs.16,000 crore including that of the Israeli Barak missiles, whose acquisition was on hold for the last five years due to a CBI probe in an alleged bribery case.

The ministry had put on hold procurement of Barak-I missiles because of a CBI probe in the case since 2006...

...The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) headed by Defence minister AK Antony cleared the Rs.880 crore proposal for 262 Barak-I missiles, which are expected to be put on the aircraft carrier INS Virat. It is also the chosen air defence system for the new aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya, defence sources said.

The decision in this regard was taken by the ministry after the Attorney General allowed it to take a decision on procurement of these missiles.

Defence ministry finally clears Barak missile deal with Israel : North, News - India Today

:enjoy: So once again you have proven to not really have a clue and got confused by the fact that the current MoD going on with cleared procurements of the former MoD before the elections.

The only real new thing so far is, the scrapping of currently running competitions and further delaying procurements. Where are the NDA supporters that expected less delays than we saw during UPA? :whistle:
 
Defence ministry finally clears Barak missile deal with Israel : North, News - India Today

:enjoy: So once again you have proven to not really have a clue and got confused by the fact that the current MoD going on with cleared procurements of the former MoD before the elections.

The only real new thing so far is, the scrapping of currently running competitions and further delaying procurements. Where are the NDA supporters that expected less delays than we saw during UPA? :whistle:

LOL..... which was exactly my point :lol:

The UPA sat on it for 10 years and then 'cleared' it just before elections. What the UPA could not do in 10 YEARS, the NDA has done in 3 months.

Maybe you need to get a clue about what other are saying before you "clarify" your stand :whistle:
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)


Back
Top Bottom