What's new

Featured 144 stories:Remembering lives lost in Peshawar School Attack

Amaa'n

STAFF
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Source : 144stories: Remembering lives lost in the Peshawar school attack - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Below are 144 accounts of courage and sadness. Of men, women and children whose absence will be forever painful, always remembered.

Khaula Bibi — Age 6
Daughter of Altaf Hussain and Safoora Bibi

Siblings: Samar (12), Shobaid (11), Areeba (4)

Khaula was the youngest and only girl student killed in the horrific attack. According to her father, a teacher at APS, December 16, 2015 was Khaula’s first day of school. She had gained admission to class 1 a day earlier, and was so excited to study at the same school as her siblings.

Her family describes little Khaula as a flower. Even at that tender age, she was passionate about education and was outspoken about the right of girl children to go to school. She loved to read and would often read the novels of her elder siblings. She helped weak classmates with their English and Urdu till they made it to the top 10. She played tutor to the younger children in her community.

She persuaded a professor in her neighbourhood to send his daughter to school, and despite his vehement opssitiion, he melted. He was swayed by Khaula and her sweet words.

Her family is shattered. Her mother says she will never recover from the loss of her precious daughter. Her father tries to be braves for the family, but in his heart, he mourns Khaula every day.

564cd38d75b08.jpg

564cd37e6cbff.jpg

564cd37ecfd76.jpg

564cd37f33ba5.jpg

564cd37f43370.jpg

564cd37e4f118.jpg

P.S: Last 3 photos simply stabbed my heart ---

Untitled.jpg
How the hell can a human kill a 6 year old right in the head.

HOW ?
A question i would surely need an answer to before her shooter is hanged

Army Public School attack: Ahmed Ali Shah – age 13
Son of Khalid Mehmood (late) and Jameela Kosar

Siblings: Mohammad Ahmed (12)

Ahmed was wise behind his years, his mother says. Possibly because he lost his father when he was 4-years-old.

He had assumed a tremendous responsibility at a young age, as a result of which, unlike other children his age, he would not ask his mother to buy him anything. Even out at restaurants, Ahmed would pick cheaper food off the menu because he did not want to financially burden his single mother. Despite this, Ahmed always had a smile on his face, it seemed to be content with life.

Bright and studious, Ahmed had a beautiful singing voice. He was often called upon to recite Naaths. He was also learning to play tennis.

He would detail his future plans to his mother; he wanted to become an auto engineer. He would sketch car designs and tell his mother he would someday turn these sketches into real cars.

His mother says he was an old soul, and because of his love for poetry, his mother would often lovingly refer to him as Shair, Ashfaq Ahmed.

After his father, he took care of me, his mother says.
5641dea05e7b6.jpg

5641de9e54e57.jpg

5641dea091e8f.jpg

Crime against childrens is the worst type of crime one can commit.
Kids have no clue about this world we have turned into. Most of these kids wont even know why they were being held and killed.
So this is how complex we have turned our living enviroment into.

HOW ?

The tiny pill fueling Syria’s war and turning fighters into superhuman soldiers

On the surface, those competing actors are fueled by an overlapping mixture of ideologies and political agendas.

Just below it, experts suspect, they're powered by something else: Captagon.

[France confirms alleged leader of attacks killed in raid]

A tiny, highly addictive pill produced in Syria and widely available across the Middle East

A powerful amphetamine tablet based on the original synthetic drug known as "fenethylline," Captagon quickly produces a euphoric intensity in users, allowing Syria's fighters to stay up for days, killing with a numb, reckless abandon.

[Is it too late to solve the mess in the Middle East?]

"You can't sleep or even close your eyes, forget about it," said a Lebanese user, one of three who appeared on camera without their names for a BBC Arabic documentary that aired in September. "And whatever you take to stop it, nothing can stop it."

"I felt like I own the world high," another user said. "Like I have power nobody has. A really nice feeling."

"There was no fear anymore after I took Captagon," a third man added.

According to a Reuters report published in 2014, the war has turned Syria into a "major" amphetamines producer -- and consumer.

"Syrian government forces and rebel groups each say the other uses Captagon to endure protracted engagements without sleep, while clinicians say ordinary Syrians are increasingly experimenting with the pills, which sell for between $5 and $20," Reuters reported.

One secular ex-Syrian fighter who spoke to the BBC said the drug is tailor-made for the battlefield because of its ability to give soldiers superhuman energy and courage:

"So the brigade leader came and told us, 'this pill gives you energy, try it,' " he said. "So we took it the first time. We felt physically fit. And if there were 10 people in front of you, you could catch them and kill them. You're awake all the time. You don't have any problems, you don't even think about sleeping, you don't think to leave the checkpoint. It gives you great courage and power. If the leader told you to go break into a military barracks, I will break in with a brave heart and without any feeling of fear at all — you're not even tired."

Another ex-fighter told the BBC that his 350-person brigade took the pill without knowing if it was a drug or medicine for energy.

"Some people became addicted to it and it will damage the addicts," he said. "This is the problem."

The tiny pill fueling Syria’s war and turning fighters into superhuman soldiers - The Washington Post

HOW ?
These people have nothing to do with Islam. Just shows how low humanity can get.
I don't think anyone can forget this attack, may god keep the affected families strong. Just the thought of shooting children blindly, it's just...so sad and sick.
APS terrorists to be hanged as army chief signs black warrants

@balixd , kindly keep updating this thread...

Last edited:
These people have nothing to do with Islam. Just shows how low humanity can get.
I don't think anyone can forget this attack, may god keep the affected families strong. Just the thought of shooting children blindly, it's just...so sad and sick.
APS terrorists to be hanged as army chief signs black warrants

@balixd , kindly keep updating this thread...
the memory of that horrific day is still a fresh in my head and i pray for those little angels, but today when i read the writing in that notebook, it broke me ..... and it boils my blood to see that Public is more worried about LB Elections than their ruined life ----
two days before 14th December, we might see a poster here and a poster there, and then 1 day past 14th Dec , and they will be back to normal, like nothing happened, they will be celebrating 25th Dec, the christmas & New Year, twitter warriors will be all over it, but no one will dare recall these angels......
I will surely keep this thread updating --- but will need a heavy heart to read all those stories

Army Public School attack: Abrar Hussain – Age 15
DAWN.COM — UPDATED ABOUT 5 HOURS AGO
Son of Rajab Ali Rajab Ali and Roqqaya Bibi

Siblings: 29-year-old Muntazer Hussain, 25-year-old Arif Hussain, 23-year-old Jamshed Ali, 18-year-old Sajda Hussain

Abrar Hussain was a non-fussy eater. Like most parents normally do, his never heard him complain about home cooked food.

With his nose buried in school textbooks, Abrar was not interested in extra curricular activities. However, highly competitive, Abrar who was a hostel student, had been holding the top position in class for nine executive years. Every time he returned home to his village for the holidays, he'd be found studying instead of mingling with friends. According to his father, he was always worried about coming second. If he wasn't studying, he'd be curled up in a quiet corner reading.

Abrar was extremely fond of animals, and he would often speak up against the trade of captured birds. His favorite subject was English. And so, whenever he returned home, he'd engage his siblings in English conversation. He carried on him an English joke book at all times.

His father fondly recalls how the school called them every year to show them Abrar’s academic achievements.

Abrar's personal belongings have been gathered and put aside; his mother can not bear to look at them.

With sorrowful eyes, his siblings said, "He was the youngest in us, our beloved Abrar."
564776786d35c.jpg

Army Public School attack: Bahram Ahmad Khan – Age 15
DAWN.COM — UPDATED ABOUT 6 HOURS AGO
Son of Lt-Col Gulzar Ahmad Khan and Nosheen Gulzar

Siblings: Hassan Ahmad Khan (9), Zaryab Ahmad Khan (19)

Remembered by his father as a brave soul, Bahram was named after an Afghan king known for his courage. Hailing from Lakki Marwat, Bahram wanted to become a doctor and spend his life serving the underprivileged through the profession he sought to take up. Empathetic in nature, Bahram was always moved when a disaster struck somewhere or on any occasion where people needed help and rescuing.

Bahram was also fond of cars and loved to go on long drives with his friends. He enjoyed listening to music and reading books on general knowledge whenever he got some free time.

Young Bahram also enjoyed having fast food items, particularly cheese burgers and pizzas and also had a sweet tooth when it came to chocolates.

Physically strong, Bahram was also interested in playing different sports, with cricket and soccer among his favourite games. His father recalls that Bahram had begun to put on weight so both of them would go running together.

An intelligent child, Bahram secured 91% in his last exam. This distinction was other than the various medals he had won in academics and extra-curricular activities.

His father recalls a story Bahram’s friends shared about him from the day of the APS attack. During the attack, a friend of Bahram fell to the floor and broke his glasses due to which he could barely see. Bahram saw and came back to get him but on their way out was stopped by a terrorist. His friends recall that Bahram pushed the terrorist and received two bullets in the chest which resulted in his death.
565734ba612df.jpg

I can't even begin to imagine what these children went through. Pure evil.

Pakistan is coming for you, you will all be eliminated.

I simply cannot describe my feelings right now.Upon seeing that little angel Khaula,I burst into tears..May God grant all of these victims a high place in Jannah and may calm of hearts of those who are left behind.
And I demand that all the terrorists be burnt in the blast furnace of steel mills slow and steadily.Even that is not enough for these animals.

Please by respect for the angels who lost life in this horrible event for which I don't have name, post only their pictures where they smile, where their eyes are shinning with their dreams of future...

Many thanks.

@balixd Excellent thread sir. We must never forget this tragedy. These brave, beautiful and innocent children serve as a reminder to complete that critical mission of ridding our country of this indian+afghan sponsored terrorism.

Source : 144stories: Remembering lives lost in the Peshawar school attack - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Below are 144 accounts of courage and sadness. Of men, women and children whose absence will be forever painful, always remembered.

Khaula Bibi — Age 6
Daughter of Altaf Hussain and Safoora Bibi

Siblings: Samar (12), Shobaid (11), Areeba (4)

Khaula was the youngest and only girl student killed in the horrific attack. According to her father, a teacher at APS, December 16, 2015 was Khaula’s first day of school. She had gained admission to class 1 a day earlier, and was so excited to study at the same school as her siblings.

Her family describes little Khaula as a flower. Even at that tender age, she was passionate about education and was outspoken about the right of girl children to go to school. She loved to read and would often read the novels of her elder siblings. She helped weak classmates with their English and Urdu till they made it to the top 10. She played tutor to the younger children in her community.

She persuaded a professor in her neighbourhood to send his daughter to school, and despite his vehement opssitiion, he melted. He was swayed by Khaula and her sweet words.

Her family is shattered. Her mother says she will never recover from the loss of her precious daughter. Her father tries to be braves for the family, but in his heart, he mourns Khaula every day.

564cd38d75b08.jpg

564cd37e6cbff.jpg

564cd37ecfd76.jpg

564cd37f33ba5.jpg

564cd37f43370.jpg

564cd37e4f118.jpg

P.S: Last 3 photos simply stabbed my heart ---

The tiny pill fueling Syria’s war and turning fighters into superhuman soldiers

On the surface, those competing actors are fueled by an overlapping mixture of ideologies and political agendas.

Just below it, experts suspect, they're powered by something else: Captagon.

[France confirms alleged leader of attacks killed in raid]

A tiny, highly addictive pill produced in Syria and widely available across the Middle East

A powerful amphetamine tablet based on the original synthetic drug known as "fenethylline," Captagon quickly produces a euphoric intensity in users, allowing Syria's fighters to stay up for days, killing with a numb, reckless abandon.

[Is it too late to solve the mess in the Middle East?]

"You can't sleep or even close your eyes, forget about it," said a Lebanese user, one of three who appeared on camera without their names for a BBC Arabic documentary that aired in September. "And whatever you take to stop it, nothing can stop it."

"I felt like I own the world high," another user said. "Like I have power nobody has. A really nice feeling."

"There was no fear anymore after I took Captagon," a third man added.

According to a Reuters report published in 2014, the war has turned Syria into a "major" amphetamines producer -- and consumer.

"Syrian government forces and rebel groups each say the other uses Captagon to endure protracted engagements without sleep, while clinicians say ordinary Syrians are increasingly experimenting with the pills, which sell for between $5 and $20," Reuters reported.

One secular ex-Syrian fighter who spoke to the BBC said the drug is tailor-made for the battlefield because of its ability to give soldiers superhuman energy and courage:

"So the brigade leader came and told us, 'this pill gives you energy, try it,' " he said. "So we took it the first time. We felt physically fit. And if there were 10 people in front of you, you could catch them and kill them. You're awake all the time. You don't have any problems, you don't even think about sleeping, you don't think to leave the checkpoint. It gives you great courage and power. If the leader told you to go break into a military barracks, I will break in with a brave heart and without any feeling of fear at all — you're not even tired."

Another ex-fighter told the BBC that his 350-person brigade took the pill without knowing if it was a drug or medicine for energy.

"Some people became addicted to it and it will damage the addicts," he said. "This is the problem."

The tiny pill fueling Syria’s war and turning fighters into superhuman soldiers - The Washington Post
JUst a few days ago, I read about something similar. Use of drugs for military purposes is not a new phenomenon at all.

You might find the below article interesting.
Jadeed Manshyaat Kay Civalian Aur Askari Istemalaat by Wusat Ullah Khan

144 stories.png

Salam folks.

As you all know it's about an year since a grave tragedy rocked entire nation. Innocent children lives were lost in mass slaughter by TTP dogs in APS attack which can be considered as most brutal incident of terrorism in modern history. Entire nation, our armed forces and all political forces (some how) gathered at one point and agenda, that the cancer of terrorism will be removed from country at every cost and in every way possible. Armed forces accelerated anti terrorism operations and political leadership passed National Action Plan. All this procedure was backed by Nation and we together did great job in conquering the forces which were considered undefeatable.
However as time passes our nation thanks to its volatile memory have started to show same colors of ignorance. Political parties are once again hesitant to purify themselves from terrorists scums and common people can be seen preaching same parties. The entire situation create image that perhaps we have forgotten the APS victims or at least lesson learnt from that incident is no longer our first preference.

The first year is about to complete and day of 16th December which is perhaps the most cursed day of Pakistan history is getting near. Are we going refresh our promise or we are going to let it become history, time will tell. But it seems media is showing responsibility as far as this incident is concerned. DAWN news come up with details of each and every APS martyrs and they are reminding the nation about them by sharing details of every story of every victim time to time. It's great step indeed.
144stories: Remembering lives lost in the Peshawar school attack - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

However I noticed while checking their sites that most of the pages are not visited by common readers, neither they are shared, nor commented. Perhaps common people consider it drag and tough job to open up a link, then open PDF files one by one and then read about those innocent souls. I believe that if all such stuff, instead of following links and converting into PDF files, is directly presented in the form of wallpapers then it will be easy to read, easy to preach and easy to understand. So I was busy for few days in collecting data of APS victims and arranging them in the forming "one pic one story" pattern. It was tough job for me since I am not good it technical stuff, but some how I managed.

While doing so, I read each and every story, I watched their pics and believe me I took couple of breaks as I felt my heart sinking in pain and sorrows. They were great people, they are at better place now, perhaps they don't even need prayers. But it's us who are still in trouble, it's us still passing through tough trials, it's us who have to make their sacrifices meaning full and it's us who need more prayers......
I request you all, do manage time to read all stories which I am going to share. It's info of DAWN arranged by me in Easy pattern. Do compare your self and your friends while reading about them..... do try to consider That you were among those and you might have lost your life or beloved ones....

By understanding their pain, and sharing that pain, we indeed can create harmony among ourselves and understand each other...... don't let that incident bury in dust of time. God don't give much chances to a nation who don't learn from mistakes......

@Horus @Oscar @Side-Winder @Irfan Baloch @Icarus @Manticore @WebMaster

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom